Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Capital One - Fingers Crossed

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GW Capital One - Fingers Crossed

@jbhems503 wrote:

I'm hoping I can crack that nut shell! They haven't called me yet, so maybe I'll hear from them.

However, if I don't... Should I just wait for them to fall off? Or keep at my attempts of GW'ing Capital One? Gaahhhh, these decisions to make! ):

Lexie, any thoughts?

You can keep trying.  The impact of lates 30-60 will fade after 2 years or so.  90-120 days are considered major derogs and will impact a score longer. 

Message 11 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

signguy17, that's awesome! I'll try and send a few more letters and wait. If that doesn't work then I'll go this route. Thanks for the great tip! Good information by far. (:

Lexie, as always your awesome! (:

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 12 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

Well, I sent a letter this morning. However for some reason I was looking at my online account, and decided to go through the chat option on their website. At first, the guy told me there was nothing he could do. But I stated that several other people had great success in the same situation I'm in regarding the lates. And I was frustated that other people have had success, however I haven't and I felt as I'm being disregarded and treated unfairly in this matter.

Then he asked for all of my information, and said he's sent a dispute request to have the lates removed from the bureaus. Hopefully this'll work. Fingers crossed!

Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 13 of 19
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

jb....was that an email or snail mail?  The CEO email is the fastest most direct route to CapOne.

Don't ask online for a CLI either thru their new online procedure or their chat CSRs.  They are programmed to say no.  The CSR from the EO told me that they have the power to make decisions that are programmed or criteria based.  I tried the new online program just a few weeks ago and it was declined because the card was not even 6 months old but when I went the CEO email route it was granted.

Good luck guys!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 14 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

@signguy17 - I sent a snail mail letter after I got to work this morning, this will make the second one I've sent so far. Then after I read your post, I decided to go through the online chat and see how that goes first. 

At first he said I would have to call all three of a major credit bureaus and dispute it. Really? Okay, no. I'm asking YOU to change it. 

I told him I was frustrated that other people have had success in getting lates removed but I'm not being treated in the same regard. Then his tone changed in a split second.

He became very helpful, and said he was going to put in the request to have the lates removed from all three of the bureaus, and that I would be receiving a letter within 6 - 10 business days.

So I'm hoping this works.. I think I have about a 99.9% chance that it won't work, but wait and see what the results are. If this doesn't work, I think the next time I email the CEO and get to talk to an EO on the phone I'm just going to tell her the exact same thing I told the guy, that other people have had success with this with Capital One and I'm not being treated in the same regard. Wish me luck! :/ Any other advise would be great!

Message 15 of 19
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Since I didn't have luck with the CEO email for late removals, I decided to check with them on Twitter. They gave me an email address to reach them and explain in more detail. As soon as they got my email, they responded: "We'll be happy to assist you! We can assist you with submitting a Credit Bureau Dispute for the time-frame that your credit was impacted. "  They ask for a little info & said we'd need to speak in order for them to "submit the dispute." They set a time to call me.

Then, right before they were supposed to call, they sent this: "Hey, (name), after reviewing your information before making the call, this is something we've actually decided we'd like to research this with partner group." They told me they will get back with me in a couple of days. I don't know what to make of it all, but I take this as likely discouraging news. Instead of catching someone's first instinct to help, I now have a backing off and the likelihood that they will be looking for official policy guidance. Sigh. I guess we'll see.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 16 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

That's pretty much what I was told in their chat system.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this with Capital One! Hopefully I will get a letter with great news. I hope you get an email with great news too! Good luck!

Message 17 of 19
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

If you do use the chat make sure you copy, paste and save the conversation.  That was my smoking gun that got me cleared.  I'm sure their legal dept said to "make this go away."

Just remember when you are done physically speaking to their CSR on the phone and they ask if there is anything else they can do pop them for a CLI and don't be afraid to ask for double what you really want.  They will ask you if you will settle for more and you should say yes!  Good Luck!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 18 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

I did, I printed out the chat conversation and scanned/saved it into my computer as a PDF file just in case I need to email it to them if this doesn't work.

I know, next time I talk to them I'm going to ask for a CLI definitely! Thanks! I wish I had've done that yesterday. Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.