Did you mean: 

GW Capital One and Credit One Success

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: GW Capital One and Credit One Success

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 21 of 55
Shae123
Contributor

Would you be willing to PM me both of the e-mail you used? Thanks, and congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 55
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Could you PM me your email & address that you used.. Keep up the good work!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 23 of 55
sisyphuswins
Contributor

That is awesome news.  I remember how giddy it felt when I finally left the 500s.  

Can I join the queue and ask for the Capital One addressed PM'ed, please?   

I've got one little late, that I don't even think is correct--it's the month they sold my account to Citibank (the whole program they were running with Best Buy got sold).   Citibank has it on time, but Capital One for some reason decided it was late--probably because it went to Citibank?   Anyway, I wrote to them weeks ago, and I've heard absolutely nothing back.  Maybe trying someone further up the line will help.

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 24 of 55
chrissy26

This is awesome news! I am on the same journey. If you would, please send me the emails for both thank you!!!!

Message 25 of 55
Mikey123
Valued Member

Hi. can you please PM me the email address for the EO you used at capital One? I havent had any sucess with them and have a very compelling reason for what happened 5 years ago. thanks

Message 26 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 27 of 55
Shae123
Contributor

Just used that email addy to request a CLI from Credit One and it was granted! Thanks for the info, OP!

Message 28 of 55
NycGirl41
Contributor

@Shae123 wrote:

Just used that email addy to request a CLI from Credit One and it was granted! Thanks for the info, OP!

That's great news! Glad it helped Smiley Happy

Starting Score (May 2014): 580 TU | 574 EQ | 572 EX
Current Score (April 2015): 673 TU | 650 EQ | 664 EX

Message 29 of 55
Funky_Buck

Thank you for sharing. I wonder if you'd provide any insight to the following, 

- how long was the cap one charge off reporting before you paid? (I think I read 6 months for credit one, but maybe that was cap one)

- after paid how long did you wait to send the GW letter. ?

- did you pay in full or settle? directly to cap one?

- do you have any other accounts with cap one at this time? even a bank account?

From what I've read it seems they take GW letters from certain people, and not from others, I wonder if they're more likley to do it for their customers, who have other CC or bank accounts with them. 

I've got 2 charge off's with cap one totaling about 1300, they've been reporting for almost a 8 months.  I may have made a silly mistake a few months back by getting another cap one secured credit card (after looking at my CR I'm suprised I was approved), I'm hoping they'll take a GW letter a few months after I pay in full those 2 accounts. 

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.