cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter Problems

tag
rd_hunt

GW Letter Problems

I submitted goodwill letters for when I missed payments due to a car accident that had me out of work for a while. All three of the CC responded with the same answer. They didn't report incorrect, and if I want to have it put on my CR then I should contact the agencies and let them know. Does anyone have any advice, would you continue to send GW letters to them and hope someone different gets them?!  It was the only time in my credit history which is only 2 1/2 years old that I was late, and it completely hurt my score. Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter Problems

Some would say to keep sending GW's...but I gave up after one try...magically...the account is going to get in the hands of a heartfelt person...I'm not trying to encourage you to give up..KEEP TRYING!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote you keep trying, but tweak your letter(s). It can't hurt to keep trying. Did you use your own GW letters or did you get them from here? If you typed your own, maybe you want to post and ask for assistance in editing?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Never ever give up!

It only costs a stamp, an envelope, a piece of paper, and some toner. No biggie. As mentioned, tweak your GWs. Write different drafts. Shorten some. Send to varying addresses if possible. And look for contact names to send it to like CEOs, VPs, etc.

I just sent GW #26 to CapOne since September for two lates in 2002 (30 & 90 days). Probably not hurting all that much, but I'll never give up.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.