Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter Worked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter Worked

I just want to say thank you to this discussion board who gave me the insight and knowledge on how to fix some baddies on my credit. I sent a GW letter on 4/29 to my former Auto Finance Company and they changed my "120's" to "ok" on all three credit bureues, that was only 5 days ago since the letter was sent, WOW!!!!. Thanks Again MyFico members!!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letter Worked

Nice work! How old were the lates? Have you checked your FICO scores for changes?

Message 2 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Good job!! This should be an inspiration to others that GW's can work but you have to write them first.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the lates were from Feb'2007-Janu'2009 with "120" on all till today, now they say OK, it jumped 5 points on my EX, EQ but nothing on TU yet.

Message 4 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, the lates were from Feb'2007-Janu'2009 with "120" on all till today, now they say OK, it jumped 5 points on my EX, EQ but nothing on TU yet.

Even if you don't get any bump it's a great feeling having all those gone.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks marinevievet, semper fi from bossvibe (2nd Battalion/23rd marines)

Message 6 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks marinevievet, semper fi from bossvibe (2nd Battalion/23rd marines)

I was in the Combined Action Program in Vietnam '70-'71.

Charlie & Delta 1/6 at Camp LeJeune '71-'72.

Semper Fi!!!!

Message 7 of 19
Mel2010
Valued Member

Hi Bossvibe,  that is so good to hear I also wrote or I should email a GW letter on 5/4/2010@8:37pm and got a response on 5/4/2010@8:53pm so I hope they will do it for me also. Also what do you say to have the late move off mine was because I paid them but don't know how to write to ask for late to come off any help with be great

This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc.

Starting Score:EQ:599, TU: 602, 3/4/2010
Current Score:EQ-624,5/2/2010, 633 as of 5/11/2010
New current Score: EQ:638, TU:642 Ex:642 08/07/2010
Goal Score730

Message 8 of 19
Mel2010
Valued Member

Hi Everyone I  just want to update you all on my good new like I said before I email one of my CA to a GW letter and in about two hours they email be back saying that they will deleted it. Not knowing if they would really do it but on Monday I got a letter in the mail and this is what it said. This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report. WOW am so happy if it really get delete it was from AFNI. Thank to FICO and all of my friends here thank you and now I have two more to go and then sallimae. Also my credit score from 599-624-633 that is from Tu

Starting Score:EQ:599, TU: 602, 3/4/2010
Current Score:EQ-624,5/2/2010, 633 as of 5/11/2010
New current Score: EQ:638, TU:642 Ex:642 08/07/2010
Goal Score730

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

man if only CMI was that easy to deal with. =/ Still trying though

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.