Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters for Open Accounts

tag
ars432s
Valued Member

GW Letters for Open Accounts

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit from plain stupidity during my years in college. One of the cc during that time was from Capital One that was charged off and has been paid. I'm currently a cardholder (different account) and was wondering if anyone has had luck gw the charge off from years past. This is one of the few baddies that remain on the account and would love to have it deleted before it drops off in a couple years. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Letters for Open Accounts

they are my only derog, I have been sending gw letters weekly since Sept. to them, I keep getting form letter, "...we must report correctly".

They are probably the worst at giving gw. Search Cap one gw and you will see many pages of posts.

Good Luck and don't give up, I'm not!

Valued Member

Re: GW Letters for Open Accounts

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to send them letters until the post office runs out of stamps or my fingers fall off from typing. They are going to hate me as much as I hated them calling my employer back in the day.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.