Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Question

If I've paid the CA, and both the CA and the OC are reporting (I know, bad move) do I have to ask both for a GW adjustment? Will one stop reporting once it's paid?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Question

likewise wrote:
If I've paid the CA, and both the CA and the OC are reporting (I know, bad move) do I have to ask both for a GW adjustment? Will one stop reporting once it's paid?

is the OC still showing a balance?

If you already paid the CA the only thing you can try is GWing the CA.  You will also have to try to GW the OC as well if you want a GW adjustment.

They will not stop (in most occassions) reporting after the account has been paid.  I heard on some occassions that some CAs have deleted or removed after payment but that is very rare.  You best bet is to GW the CA and the OC both.

Good Luck

v/r
JShidell

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want both removed-- you have to GW both. The CA can only remove their entry and the OC can only remove theirs.

However, how old is the OC entry? Removing older accounts could actually hurt more than help.

If this OC entry is contributing to your age/average age in a significant way, I would leave it.

likewise wrote:

Message 3 of 6
treski
Frequent Contributor

Couldn't you GW the OC for the bad payments, instead of requesting they delete the account altogether?  Although, I suppose it's up to the OC ....
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could--- but the OC could find it easier to just remove the whole account. They often do this on older, closed accounts.

treski wrote:
Couldn't you GW the OC for the bad payments, instead of requesting they delete the account altogether?  Although, I suppose it's up to the OC ....

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want both removed-- you have to GW both. The CA can only remove their entry and the OC can only remove theirs.

However, how old is the OC entry? Removing older accounts could actually hurt more than help.

If this OC entry is contributing to your age/average age in a significant way, I would leave it.

Ironically, the OC is reporting only to TU and was opened in 1999, reported in 2005. Maybe I should leave that and only GW the CA, which is NCO unfortunately.

Message Edited by likewise on 09-04-2008 11:21 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.