Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success Letter says could take 30 days to update

tag
user967354
Established Member

GW Success Letter says could take 30 days to update

I received a written GW success letter saying that the creditor (closed account) would remove my 2 lates from my credit report.  The letter said that it could take 30 days to update on my credit report.  It still isn't showing on Experian (I haven't checked TU or EQ) 3 weeks later.  I thought all of this was pretty electronic and quick?  Wondering if I will need to send another request in to the creditor.  It is 2 lates about 3 years ago..so not much impact, but I'm hoping it falls off before doing a mortgage app in a few weeks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Success Letter says could take 30 days to update

@user967354 wrote:

I received a written GW success letter saying that the creditor (closed account) would remove my 2 lates from my credit report.  The letter said that it could take 30 days to update on my credit report.  It still isn't showing on Experian (I haven't checked TU or EQ) 3 weeks later.  I thought all of this was pretty electronic and quick?  Wondering if I will need to send another request in to the creditor.  It is 2 lates about 3 years ago..so not much impact, but I'm hoping it falls off before doing a mortgage app in a few weeks.

They typically update on the normal time of the month that they report your account to the CRAs (normally just after statement cut day)

Message 2 of 5
user967354
Established Member

gdale6-It is a closed credit card.  Would that still apply?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@user967354 wrote:

gdale6-It is a closed credit card.  Would that still apply?

Yup, give it a total of 45 days before giving em a call to see whats up....

Message 4 of 5
user967354
Established Member

Thanks gdale!  

Hopefully it won't take 45 days...as I would like to app beginning of August.  My due date use to be the 17th of the month, so hopefully it will update around the 25th.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.