Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success -- sorta!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success -- sorta!!

Just got off the phone with hubby and he said that ACS has GWed some of our lates!!

We had SERIOUS account problems with them (ACS "bought" our lender's account and the payments went from $242 to $505 on the LEVEL plan and they continually failed to send us a copy of our promissory note) and they've investigated and are now deleting the most recent lates (all the way back to January). So we still have SOME lates, but not nearly as many or as recent as we DID.

They've also knocked our payments down from $504/month to $199/month.

Does anyone have an idea of how much hubby's scores will jump due to the lates being removed? We will now have approximately 7 months of clean history with the SL, while before, we only had 3 on our CRs.

(Actually, by the time the lates removal is updated with the CRAs, it'll be a total of 8 months clean history with the SL)

Should we have asked for more??

YAY!!! We never would have thought to GW those lates if it weren't for YOU guys!! And it's a "DUH" of course, that we never would have thought to look here if the Lord hadn't directed us here!! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Success -- sorta!!

Wow, Way to go!!  I hope you see a great big jump!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
Just got off the phone with hubby and he said that ACS has GWed some of our lates!!

We had SERIOUS account problems with them (ACS "bought" our lender's account and the payments went from $242 to $505 on the LEVEL plan and they continually failed to send us a copy of our promissory note) and they've investigated and are now deleting the most recent lates (all the way back to January). So we still have SOME lates, but not nearly as many or as recent as we DID.

Does anyone have an idea of how much hubby's scores will jump due to the lates being removed? We will now have approximately 7 months of clean history with the SL, while before, we only had 3 on our CRs.

(Actually, by the time the lates removal is updated with the CRAs, it'll be a total of 8 months clean history with the SL)

YAY!!! We never would have thought to GW those lates if it weren't for YOU guys!! And it's a "DUH" of course, that we never would have thought to look here if the Lord hadn't directed us here!! Smiley Happy

I am looking in my crystal ball and I'm seeing a huge jump in your score..LOL.... WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 9
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

WTG Wonderin!!!! Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off.

In response to your question should you have asked for more... well, if they would agree to it, I would ask them to go back 2 years since any lates less than 2 years old are hurting your score.

When DH had an inaccurate late added last month, his score dropped significantly. So I would definitely expect that you would see an increase.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wonderin wrote:

Now I can be greedy and ask for more, but I'd stave of my greediness until they update plus 30 days. Why settle for the bronze when you can go for the gold. Congrats, BTW.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's what we'll do, Ilecs! Smiley Happy

I think what got the reaction, since we'd not heard from the investigator on our account for over a MONTH, was that hubby told me he figured the worst that could happen was that they say no ... so he said he was going to email them and mention the "O" word (in this case, Ombudsman).

I don't know if that's what did it, though. But the timing is awfully coincidental if it wasn't the motivating factor!

Hubby's REALLY not happy about only getting four months off, though. I think, after all the hassle and rudeness and THREATS from the CSRs we've had to deal with, he wanted at least 6 months. I'll see what he says (and see what he said in the email) when he gets home! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wahmom wrote:
WTG Wonderin!!!! Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off.

In response to your question should you have asked for more... well, if they would agree to it, I would ask them to go back 2 years since any lates less than 2 years old are hurting your score.

When DH had an inaccurate late added last month, his score dropped significantly. So I would definitely expect that you would see an increase.

Oh, in this case, it wasn't me at all. I did the legwork (which consisted of calling the DoE at the onset and asking another poster here for good contact emails to send a GW and investigation request to) but hubby did the talkin'. In talking to CSRs he often has the charm of a cranky bear with rabies, but he sure can talk business!!

I'll see what hubby wants to do on asking for more ... I agree with Ilecs and think he should wait a bit to ask for more. But he tends to be the "strike while the iron is hot" kinda guy. And he CAN be charming when he wants to. Operative phrase being "WHEN he WANTS to." Smiley Wink

Thanks for the congrats!! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@southernficoaddict wrote:
Wow, Way to go!!  I hope you see a great big jump!

Thanks, Southern!! Me, too!!!

It was my fault that hubby got so far behind on his SL. It really whacked his credit BADLY. Since I'm not on his SL, it didn't hit me at all, though I really deserved it. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking in my crystal ball and I'm seeing a huge jump in your score..LOL.... WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks, Miss!!! I'm hoping so TOO!! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.