cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW attempt ( UPDATE E-OSCAR DELETE SUCESSFUL )

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about this almost successful GW attempt

I just re-read this email and realized that she basically said she was going to do it again. i thought she was saying thats what she did before.

Since this email came in this morning maybe I will just wait for acouple more days to see if if this goes through.

Man all this stress from school is really getting to me! AH Will update in acouple days.

Message 11 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am not suggesting that the CA is not being sincere.  What I am suggesting is that they are not following the normal procedure to secure deletion.

E-oscar is an automated process used by the CRAs to refer disputes to the party, receive their reply, and then resolve the disptue.under the dispute process of FCRA 611(a).  It is a dispute proceess, not an update of account status process. And certainly not part of a GW process

Your GW is not a dispute.  Reporting under e-Oscar back to the CRA under a non-existent dispute will obviously cause much confusion at the CRA, and I am not surprised, did not lead to deletion. 

Simply call the CA and ask them, in their normal reporting to the CRAs, to simply report a code of "account deletion," which I believe is a code of "DA" to account status, field code 17A, of their collection account. Then the CRA wlll, and , must, delte. 

E-Oscar, in my opinion, is not the way they should request this.

You need independent reporting, not related to the dispute process for the CRA to understand that is a simple deletion code repirted by the CA.

Just my opinion.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A google search of a few minutes came up with this website: http://www.e-oscar.org/traininginfo.htm

Disputes (ACDVs) and Updates (AUDs)

This class addresses how a data furnisher locates and responds to a dispute (ACDV) in e-OSCAR.  Additionally, the session addresses the process for creating a request (AUD) to update or delete a previously reported account via e-OSCAR.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about this almost successful GW attempt - UPDATE

ACCOUNT WAS REMOVED TODAY!!!!

YES! One more collection down. One and a half to go. 

I suppose you take back what you said about e-oscar not being used to delete trade lines, Robert? Smiley Very Happy

----------------------

Personally, I would never call a CA after emailing strait to the top. Imagine a CEO finding out I called one of his little lings and was telling them that hes freely giving out people GW deletes. LoL. I would feel sorry for anyone trying to get a GW after that.

One CEO I'm in contact with for another collection that is supposed to be deleted, will not say deleted or collection. He will simply say unreported and "TL". I picked up on that and adjusted.  Don't rock the boat !

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about this almost successful GW attempt - UPDATE

I ended up getting impatient after 50 days or so. The TL was only being reported on TU/EX. Went through the dispute process.

TU had a "Creditor has agreed to delete account" for a dispute reason. Went ahead and submitted, TU said it would be investigated. A day later I received notification that it was removed. TU provided an updated CR and they verified that the TL was deleted.

EX had no description similar to the above, so I listed it as "Other" and put in the explanation that the creditor agreed to delete. It's been about a week and it's still has a status of pending.

After that I'm devoting my attention to and sending GW's to EOS-CCA who apparently are ignoring me.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.