Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW call to CA success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW call to CA success!

If anyone has a paid debt with MSB (a company that collects court fees. ie. parking tickets, driving tickets) they are really good about making sure that your debt does not stay on your report. I had neglected to pay a few hundred dollars in parking tickets that I got and it was sent to collections. I paid the collections agency, and found out the other day that it was on my CR. I called them this morning, and they agreed to remove the baddie. Very good CA!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW call to CA success!

Congrats on your removal!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 2 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

This is the "Municipal Services Bureau"?  If so, I currently have a GW letter out to them that I sent a month ago.  I actually called last week to talk to 'Frank' the rep that I had made my collection/payment (utility bill) to over the phone. 

"Frank" wasn't in, but I spoke to a lady and she said that they had just received the letter that day....They told me to call back in a week....Now I'm ready to call them now!

Congrats, btw!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys! 

Racerx, It is MSB. And they are really good about it. Try this website. it's called msbselfserve.com and on the side youll see a tab called "other services request"  that will point you credit report request to a request for removal. She did one on her side and had me do one on the site to reinforce it. Hope it goes well.

Message 4 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Just got off the phone with them...they were very nice and cordial when I made the payment and this rep was cordial and polite as well.

She pulled my 'correspondence' and gave/sent it to her supervisor.  He gave it to the appropriate department as we were speaking.

She said to call back on Monday.   Stay tuned....

Thanks Woody.  I've searched for MSB related topics and have come up empty til now.

EDIT:  Just tried the msbselfserve.com address, and '500 internal server error' appeared?

EDIT #2 - lol, it works now.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I hope that goes! I'm glad I could help.

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Update on my GW letter to MSB.  DENIED.

The csr told me that he has never heard of a collection being removed from a credit file......in the whole 3yrs that he's been a part of the business.  Smiley Mad

Whatever.....I'll, send another.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.