Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW deletion and no score change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW deletion and no score change

The temptation is strong.  I think I will subscribe to these ones at the end of the billing cycle of my FAKO's.  They really should have been more clear that it wasnt the real scores that they were pushing me. I just dislike the thought having to repeatedly buy my reports.

Message 11 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I used to preach this all the time, when I was active in the community. There aren't as many commercials about credit scores as there used to be, but these companies make money off of selling their FAKO scores. Why would they make any mention of the fact that they aren't worth the paper that they are written on to anyone but them? They are taking advantage of the market for credit awareness. I use a CMS ONLY to see the content in my CRs. I never bother with the scores. If they say credit score, then you are likely dealing with a FAKO, as they cannot use the FICO name.

Edited for punctuation.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, its extremely misleading. The bad part is that I went specifically to the CRA websites and still have FAKO's.  The only useful part is being able to refresh my report daily.

Message 13 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

There are two places to buy FICOs (at least there used to be two places). Here for EQ and TU and the EQ site for your EQ. I think that once upon a time, I bought my TU FICO from the TU site itself (don't know if this is yet available.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax doesnt give the real score anymore.  This is directly from their site.

Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated.

Message 15 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I am really out of touch with this stuff. Smiley Sad I have to get back in the game. So, the only place to get FICOs is right here.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt know there was a difference until I started coming here.

Message 17 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

When I was active on the forums, EQ was still selling FICO scores on their site. Everyone is trying to get in on the profits to be made by selling their homegrown scores.

Message 18 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

EQ does still sell their score, and it is their Beacon FICO score.  The exact same one that a mortgage lender or such will pull.  TU98 is available here, and Tu08 is available if you have a Walmart CC and set up paperless billing. You can't purchase a TU04.    EX doesn't allow the consumer to purchase their FICO score, however there is a CU in Pennsylvania that provides it to their customers.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Shogun. Good to know that EQ hasn't sold out to a home grown FAKO...yet. I am aware of PESCU, or whatever it is called, for EX for its members.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.