Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW for a Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) Checking Account

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

GW for a Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) Checking Account

Has anyone ever had to goodwill Wells Fargo for a written off Wachovia account?  I don't know where to send a goodwill letter for this.  My dh had an account that was written off & he paid w/RJM, but now I'm clueless as what to do.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GW for a Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) Checking Account

If WF bought out Wachovia, they should still maintain the account numbers.  Send it to WF and see how far you get.

You could also send ti to Wachovia and see what happens that way.

Message 2 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

The entire wachovia / wells merger is an interesting one.  I'm waist deep in it right now, so here's the "poop": In my situation, everything started out years ago with wachovia.  I have checking acct & cc.

Wachovia still controls all of their checking accts

If you have or had a debit card, the associated rewards are now serviced by wells

All wachovia CC's are now serviced by wells.

That being said, I do know that in some instances, wachovia is GW friendly!  I had a car loan that my brother cosigned for me years ago.  I had a couple 30 day lates & wrote them & asked that they remove them (they were on my bro's reports & I felt horrible!)  They removed it with no problem!!

All the info on where I sent it & who wrote me back is at home.  I'll check when I get home later on today.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 14
ABattle
Regular Contributor

wRe: GW for a Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) Checking Account

BungalowMo I would greatly appreciate it b/c I didn't know how I needed to contact in regards to this, lol!  I will be waiting for your message, lol.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wRe: GW for a Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) Checking Account

never delt with wachovia but if they are apart of wells fargo ugghh... they are a pain in the neck to deal with.  Boa part 2 seriously.  Good luck GW them though.  Atleast somebody on here has to have some positive experience with them.

Message 5 of 14
1gr8deal
Valued Member

I would greatly appreciate the info on Wachovia Bank also. I have a car loan with them that has some problems and I could use some goodwill.

Thanks in advance 

Message 6 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ok..Abattle & gr8deal...I found her letter, but I'm looking for the one I sent them ...for the address!

Give me a few minutes....Well maybe an hour.  I'm STARVIN!

Message 7 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Well...I can't find my letter!!  I know I have a copy some where, but my office looks like Hurricane Alex dropped in  up here first!

The only address of reference I found was the PO Box 3117, Winston-Salem, NC 27102.  That had to be where I sent it.

Just tell them what happened & what you're hoping to get as a resolution.  A simple letter worked for me.  I'd actually asked for it to be removed from my brothers (at least) & they removed mine too!. 

Good luck, they're nice folks in that office!

Message 8 of 14
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

never delt with wachovia but if they are apart of wells fargo ugghh... they are a pain in the neck to deal with.  Boa part 2 seriously.  Good luck GW them though.  Atleast somebody on here has to have some positive experience with them.

If They are BoA part 2, it may be that they have lost some info in the process (see BoA and Fleet merger). May become interesting.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had a Wachovia account that went to RJM.  They were the first collect I paid when I started my credit recovery.  RJM settled for 1/3 of the balance and they agreed to delete it from my report.  Wachovia in return automatically deleted their entry on all 3 of my CR's.  Now Chexsystems is a different story. 

I found all them really easy to work with.  I would do both RJM and Wachovia to get them removed.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.