Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter to sprint...paid collection.

tag
iurantian
Established Member

GW letter to sprint...paid collection.

I had a collections from Sprint for $164 on my CR from October 2012 and it was sent to a collection agency I believe in California somewhere.   I called both the CA and Sprint to get this paid and deleted.  This is before I joined this awesome forum and realized what a PFD was....arggh.  I ended up making the decision to pay Sprint and not the CA....and Sprint reported to the CA that it was paid.  Now I have a paid collections sitting on my CR until 2019.

I was wondering, if I was to bombard someone with GW letters who should it be......Sprint or the collection agency (I'd have to figure out who it was).   I have found a very nice GW letter that was made up for Verizon and it worked for the composer of the letter.   I was thinking about switching all the VZW for Sprint and see if that would get me anywhere......or is it the CA I should be courting for that GW deletion?

Any help would be wonderful....2019 seems so far away for such a little amount.  I didn't even know I owed it.....until it was reported.  I paid immediately and it was only on my CR for a total of one month.

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iurantian
Established Member

Re: GW letter to sprint...paid collection.

Any ideas from the Guru's on who the GW letters should be sent to?  I want to say Sprint, but they don't control the reporting.  How does one go about GW'ing the CA for Sprint (if that's who I should be GW'ing)?

Message 2 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Is Sprint and the CA reporting the trade line? If it's just the CA then you would only send the GW to them. If sprint is not reporting then there is nothing they can do.

Message 3 of 8
iurantian
Established Member

I believe the CA was the one who reported, and Sprint updated it to reflect that it was paid.  Unfortunetly it was not removed at the same time.

Does anyone know who the CA "605YC54741" is?....or how I could find out, so I can start GW'ing them.

Collection on debt to:

Sprint

The collection agency "605YC54741" was hired to collect a debt of $162 originally owed to "Sprint" on account number "XXXXX4619".              

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]

605YC54741                       
$162
$0
Oct, 2012
            Sprint                       
            XXXXX4619                       

Individual

Message 4 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

you will have to contact Sprint to get the name and number to the CA or you can call the credit bureau that has it listed and asked them. They would know.

Message 5 of 8
iurantian
Established Member

Thanks DaBears for the quick responses.  I will call Sprint on Monday to find out for sure, sure!

However, I Googled the agency number and found this:

Original balance: $416 Agency name: G C SERVICES Current balance: $416 Agency number: 605YC54741 Status (as of 4/1/2009) : UNPAID Agency industry: Not Reported First delinquency: 7/1/2008 Original creditor: 605YC54741 Last payment: Not on Record     Description: Not Reported

Is it possible that two different CA's have the same agency number?  IN NOT.....has anyone heard of G C Services?  They easy or hard to work with regarding GW letters?

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would call Sprint or the CRA to find out. 

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would call Sprint or the CRA to find out. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.