Did you mean: 

GW letter

tag
Deka
New Contributor

GW letter

Please tell me if this is a good GW letter: 

Dear sir/madam:

I am writing to see whether United Acceptance Inc. would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my closed account.My account number is 1083XXXX. I am asking whether United Acceptance Inc. would delete the  late payment/closed account  reporting from my account  in reporting to the 3 credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request--particularly as my account fell behind and was paid for the full amount.

I plan on using the same letter for 2 other baddies on my CR. Where can I get the full account info. My CR just shows the first 4 numbers then x's.

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: GW letter

@Deka wrote:

Please tell me if this is a good GW letter: 

Dear sir/madam:

I am writing to see whether United Acceptance Inc. would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my closed account.My account number is 1083XXXX. I am asking whether United Acceptance Inc. would delete the  late payment/closed account  reporting from my account  in reporting to the 3 credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request--particularly as my account fell behind and was paid for the full amount.

I plan on using the same letter for 2 other baddies on my CR. Where can I get the full account info. My CR just shows the first 4 numbers then x's.

I made mine a little more personal.  I've done 3 via e-mail.  2 successful deletions and one response I'm still waiting on.  I added the following which is not on your letter.

1.  I was going through difficult financial situation during xxxx-xxxx because of xxxxx.  During that time <bank name> was extremely helpful in working with me.  Despite yoour help, I ended up being late on a number of payments.

2.  I'm still a proud member of <bank name>'s family.  I and my spouse continue to bank with xxx and have <credit cards, auto loans, etc.> and have been very satisfied with being part of <bank name's> family.

3. If a deletion is not possible, I would appreciate any kind of good will modification <blah, blah, blah>

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.