Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters on Joint Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letters on Joint Account

If I reach out to a creditor regarding GW adjustments on an account that is in both mine and spouses name, if they were to agree would they automatically update both of our reports or would GW letters need to be sent for each of us? Like could the same report show a 30 days late on mine and not on his?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letters on Joint Account

@Anonymous wrote:

If I reach out to a creditor regarding GW adjustments on an account that is in both mine and spouses name, if they were to agree would they automatically update both of our reports or would GW letters need to be sent for each of us? Like could the same report show a 30 days late on mine and not on his?

IMO you would send a joint GW letter, in other words one letter with both of your names on it.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW letters on Joint Account

Just as whether a decision to grant a good-will deletion is discretionary, whether or not they would take it upon themselves to extend the deletion to the separate reporting made to the joint account holder's credit file would be discretionary.

It would not be "automatic."

I would send a request signed by both that reqests removal from both files.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.