Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW or PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW or PFD?

Hi all, I'm new to the forums but have read through a few hundred posts and with the information here I have managed to clear up most of my credit report. I have 3 OC's reporting closed sold off accounts that I still need to deal with, and those are where I am unsure how to proceed.

In the very begining before I read very much I sent a dispute form to all three CRA's just disputing everything listed, and as a result 2 of the CA's who bought the debt from above OC's got removed, leaving just 1 CA, cavalry portfolio services for almost 7k from a 2k BofA OC chargeoff, the other 2 OC's being Chase and Capital One, which do not have CA's reporting (I assume because they were unable to validate the debt and so the CRA's dropped the items from my report). I have sent a DV to Cavalry per http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Proper-Debt-Validation/td-p/129862/highlight/t... and am expecting it will ultimately be removed.

I would like to try to remove the 3 negative OC's from my report as well, but cannot really narrow down whether my first step is to send GW letters to BofA, Chase, and Cap One (all accounts closed in 2006 and sold off to CA's, very close to dropping off) or if that is a waste of time because the accounts were never paid. If its a waste should I be sending a PFD request, and if so how much should I be offering? For background the BofA was 2K, the chase and cap one were each $200. Is it possible to send a DV to the OC's who sold the debt, or am I left with no further recourse than waiting for them to fall off at the 7 year mark?

Thanks very much for the help

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW or PFD?

don't mean to bump my own post, but I've found some new info on the forums that was still confusing to me and I just wanted to see if someone could confirm for me. Because the OC's have sold the account off to a CA as opposed to having a CA working for them, I am not able to dispute or DV these closed accounts away, and I can't PFD because they cant accept any payment as they no longer own the debt, and as a result GW is my only option for these OC accounts, is this correct?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.