cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW or dispute?

HuskersFan
Established Member

GW or dispute?

I have a couple bad lates from earlier this year. My credit card was with a credit union and they sold it to another cc company.  I wanted to ask for a goodwill deletion, but I am getting the run around. New company says they can't do anything about because the late payment was reported by the credit union.  Credit union says they can't do anything about it because they gave everything to the new company.  Called the new company back and they said "why don't you just dispute it?"

I was not going to dispute it because it is not inaccurate, but even though both companies said they wanted to give me a goodwill deletion, neither apparently can.  What should I do? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: GW or dispute?

Dont dispute. It will come back verified and ding your scores more as a new update. PFD is not a auto thing with any creditor.

Message 2 of 3
HuskersFan
Established Member

Re: GW or dispute?

Thanks @FireMedic1 .  I will keep trying to see if they are able to delete, as they said they would be willing on the phone.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.