cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW or not?

tag
islandsky

GW or not?

I've been reading up on GW letters and originally I sent a request to my OC who reported 2 late payments and asked them to review it under extenuating circumstances...bad on me.  So now I'm wondering if it's in my best interest to reply to the reply I got from them "stating it was all correct and no changes will be made" to see if they will reconsider under a GW adjustment?  Is it worth it to try again?  The only problem is I haven't used the card since I paid my balance off.  It's been the longest history on my report but I don't know if sending out another request will just piss them off more.  Maybe I just didn't do it right the first time but if my AVG acore is 697 is it worth it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW or not?

How severe and how old are the lates?

As lates age, the less they hurt.

GW letters only cost you about 50 cents, so I say send them every so often and you might eventually get someone who will listen.

You might use the card a little bit and PIF for a few months before you start sending them again.

Message 2 of 4
islandsky

1 late in JUL 2005 which went into another late in AUG 2005.  They weren't ever worse then 60 days late and I've never had a problem with them before.  I guess they weren't hurt as bad if time goes by but I'm planning on trying to purchase a home within the next year or so.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go FHA, they only pay attention to lates in last 2 years.

I say use the card some and then try GW'ing again.

You don't have much to lose by sending GW, but a lot to gain.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.