Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW process...what do you do when

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

GW process...what do you do when

What do you do when a CA tells you they cannot remove 0 balance tradelines....even though we all know they CAN.

Do you tell them "well I know you can because I've had it done before" or what is your standard reply to them?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: GW process...what do you do when

Get creative. Get on the company's website and find it's management team, send them emails. When it comes to emails, it gets a little tricky. You can try the following formats:

firstnamelastname@somecompany.com

firstinitiallastname@somecompany.com

firstname.lastname@somecompany.com

firstinitial.lastname@somecompany.com

Another thing you can do is lookup their fax numbers and send faxes at the attention of the management team. Lastly, be persistent and don't take no for an answer. Out of curiousity, who is the CA?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 5
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Get creative. Get on the company's website and find it's management team, send them emails. When it comes to emails, it gets a little tricky. You can try the following formats:

firstnamelastname@somecompany.com

firstinitiallastname@somecompany.com

firstname.lastname@somecompany.com

firstinitial.lastname@somecompany.com

Another thing you can do is lookup their fax numbers and send faxes at the attention of the management team. Lastly, be persistent and don't take no for an answer. Out of curiousity, who is the CA?

I paid 2 collections to a local, small town CA (I owed it, reporting correctly etc) and when I asked about a PFD they refused.  I paid it anyway because I wanted the TLs to at least show paid even if it doesn't
Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 5
User273165
Regular Contributor

Like Madmann said, try and climb higher up the food chain.  The people on the bottom only do what they are told by upper management, get to upper management and they are the decision makers. Those are the people that can actually help you.

Message 4 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Keep sending GW letters and make sure you send them to the top

I had both Comcast and Brighthouse give me the same-line, and I just sent more letters and then one month one CO fell off from all 3 CRs and another month the other CO fell off all 3 CRs

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.