Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

Ok so last week I had success with a small credit union GW. After back and forth email the rep said that she would be "notifying the CRAs to remove any derogatory reporting on the account" (her exact words). Instead Transunion has reported a $0 with the charge off still reporting. Do I now dispute or wait for the others to update? I was wondering why I got 0 points increase on the update.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GW success but CRA updated wrong. HELP!

I would email her back and find out what happened.  You still have the prior email confirming what she said I hope.

Message 2 of 15
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Yes I do. I saved and printed it. In the email she stated that the chargeoff was not my fault and that I was required to pay nothing and she would report to the CRAs. I'm so frustrated because so far this is my only success.

Message 3 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Then keep at them until it reports correctly.  The only way the CRA updated like that would be because they sent the information that way.

Message 4 of 15
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

She gave me the direct number at her office. I think I will send an email tonight and follow up in the afternoon with a polite phone call if I get no response. This really puts a damper on my attitude. I've been gw'ing like crazy, mailed and emailed PFDs and so far no bites. I have 5 months to buy a house or else I'll be stuck renting an apartment in inner-city Baltimore just to make ends meet for a while. .: End of Rant:.

Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 15
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Nope. DH is from Baltimore and we are both leaving the military and going back. I will be attending John HopkinsU for Nursing so money will be tight due to both of us recieving only student VA benefits and part time employment totaling around $5000 a month. The city is kind of dangerous depending on where you live and all the great areas are $1800+ in rent. Sales prices are very attractive right now and we also have the military income for a few months to qualify for more house.

All I need is one yes from a creditor for a little motivation. Just one!

Message 7 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I know how losing over 2/3 of your pay is.  I just recently retired from the military and though retirement pay is ok, it is not near all my entitlements from active duty.   I also am 60% disabled and that helps a lot.

Rent there sounds like it was in WA state.  Even the not so good neighborhoods were spendy.

Do you qualify for the VA guaranteed loan for housing?

Message 8 of 15
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Yes but they require us to have guaranteed employment if you have less tha 1 year left on your contract. Unfortunately I have only 5 months left and part-time employment at $14 is not much to qualify. Also we cannot use our Post 9/11 housing allowance as income.

I seem to have overplanned for everything else except bad credit lol!
Message 9 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Mrzjbabii wrote:
Yes but they require us to have guaranteed employment if you have less tha 1 year left on your contract. Unfortunately I have only 5 months left and part-time employment at $14 is not much to qualify. Also we cannot use our Post 9/11 housing allowance as income.

I seem to have overplanned for everything else except bad credit lol!

Lol. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.