llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW this....support group!

Welcome to the club!
Message 162 of 378
onmyway80
Valued Member

I have sent out some GW letters but I have not seen any results yet. I'm still learning from this forum. Could someone who has had success with GW letters start a file with GW success addresses only? Each time someone is successful with a GW letter, we could go there and add the information. That may cut down on some of our mailings.
Message 163 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent out my first GW to BoA last week, I am wondering how long does it take to get some kind of response and do you usually get a response at all? 
Message 164 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

fireballer44 wrote:
I just sent out my first GW to BoA last week, I am wondering how long does it take to get some kind of response and do you usually get a response at all? 

It depends. Some will just take the info off and not write back. Some will write back and tell you "no way" ..  and some won't do anything at all.

Message 165 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out quite a few GW letters about two weeks ago and yesterday I got my first letter of rejection Smiley Sad I will join the club. Hopefully I'll have better news to report.
Message 166 of 378
onmyway80
Valued Member

I got my first rejection letter today from 1st Premier. Has anyone had any luck with them? If so, where did you send the letter?
Message 167 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had no idea what a GW or PFD was before I came across this forum. I started with late payments on 6 accounts (RS-Sam Ash, Express, Goodyear, Verizon Wireless, Dept. of Ed, FNB Omaha). 1 Month later, I have only FNB Omaha and the Dept. of Ed left. Thanks for the help!! My scores have gone up over 50+ points on all 3 reports. If only I could get the Dept. Of Ed. to drop the lates (from Oct. 07), I think I would be close to realizing my goal of 700! Here's to hoping! Good luck to everyone, keep trying! It does work!
Message 168 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still working on my Mazda account..   they just won't budge  Smiley Sad

I managed to get two more Chrysler late payments off of DH's account..   He had a total of 5 between 2 different accounts on each Exp. and EQ ..   all of the EQ ones have been deleted and 3 off of Exp..   just the one account left with two old lates - and this one was his ex wife's vehicle that was a joint loan at the time.

He still has a 3 bad accounts from 2004 as a result of a divorce..   one from chase and two from BofA...   they won't budge either so far, but I'm still sending!
Message 169 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in the low to mid 700's.  Last year they were in the mid 600's.  Since my divorce settlement this year, I have paid off all big CC debts. I only have two active cards that I use on special occasion and keep low balances.  I have about four more department store cards that I don't use at all.

In Sept. 2003, when my ex and I refinanced our house, the mortgage payoff to GMAC was late getting there by a few days.  Our credit reports from the past few years show only Sept. 2003 as late.  I understand this.  But now in 2008, I am seeing October 2003 as showing late also.  What should I do to dispute this?  (I do have printed copies of previous credit reports where October was never included as late).  Our new mortgage began in October 2003.  

Maybe a GW letter will help?
Message 170 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.