Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW this....support group!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW this....support group!

This past week, I have sent out 4 GW's to Security Check, Atmos Energy and Cox. Here's hoping they will pop off soon!
Message 211 of 378
treski
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!  IMHO, you oughta launch another batch in a week or so. 

Persistence pays!

Keep us updated.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by treski on 10-22-2008 09:52 AM
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 212 of 378
LGT

Hi all! I am new to this forum (just joined tonight) and have learned a lot from reading this thread alone! I am in the process of buying a home and have one 60-day late payment from a few months ago that is killing my score. I tried sending a letter a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything (I know - takes a while. But alas, I am impatient and need results NOW).

After reading this thread, I decided to make a call. Result? Success!!!!!

For all those trying to get a GW delete from GEMB, this is very good news. I called the CS line (they are open 24 hrs) and not only did they agree to delete the late payments, he refunded over $100 in late fees without my asking!

He said I should see the account update within 30 days.

Here is the number- 1-866-869-4671. I believe this works for all store cards that GEMB services. Good luck!

Message 213 of 378
badcredithelp
Established Member

I have been reading this forum and would also like to post my recent attempts and future successes in removing the 'baddies' from my credit report!

Round 1 of GW letters (11/9/2008):

WFNNB/Express: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA.

HSBC/BestBuy: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA.

TNB - Target: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA.

Kohl's: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA.

Midland Credit Management: PAID CA, request to stop reporting to CRA.

Capital One: PAID CO, request to stop reporting to CRA.

GEMB/JC Penney: Closed in 2006, request to reopen account.

Von Maur: three 30 days lates,  two 60 days lates, request to remove these from CRA.

I am looking forward to hearing some responses soon!   

Message 214 of 378
NavyLifter
Valued Member

Great thread.  After discovering this site and the forums a month ago, I have been a constant reader.  I have some baddies (30-60 day lates) and 1 collection that was paid years ago.  I have baddies with Cap 1, Bank of America, Citi, AES, and AmeriCollect.

I recently sent out my first batch of GW letters the beginning of October. 

• AmeriCollect-no change; reporting accurately to bureaus
  • Associates/Citi-no change; reporting accurately, if you wish to dispute....
  • Cap 1-no response yet
  • AES/NCT-no response yet

I think I have found a bit of success though.  I signed up for the TrueCredit free 30-day trial.  I was checking my report today and saw that there were no lates on my Bank of America card that "had" a 30-day late.  I am thinking this must be a GW success through BoA and TransUnion????

It isn't reported yet for my Equifax report pulled on November 17.  Are they slower at updating at EQ or should I be concerned?

I'm at 690-TU, 678-EQ, 646 (boo)-EX.

Awesome group!!!

Message Edited by NavyLifter on 11-20-2008 07:40 AM
Message Edited by NavyLifter on 11-20-2008 08:00 AM
FICOs (4/7/09): TU-749 (WOW!); EQ-698; EX-?

FICOs (as of 11/1/08): TU-690, EQ-678, EX-646

FICOs (3/13/09): TU-698; EQ-696; EX-662
Message 215 of 378
badcredithelp
Established Member

Update 11/28/2008

Round 1 of GW letters (11/9/2008):

WFNNB/Express: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA. No response.

HSBC/BestBuy: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA. No reposne.

TNB - Target: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA. No response.

Kohl's: PAID CO, request to stop reporting account to CRA. Response - everything is correct and accurate.

Midland Credit Management: PAID CA, request to stop reporting to CRA. No response.

Capital One: PAID CO, request to stop reporting to CRA. No reposne.

GEMB/JC Penney: Closed in 2006, request to reopen account. Account too old, would need to reapply

Von Maur: three 30 days lates, two 60 days lates, request to remove these from CRA. No reponse.

Round 2 will be going out on Monday!

Message 216 of 378
marty56
Super Contributor

@LGT wrote:

Hi all! I am new to this forum (just joined tonight) and have learned a lot from reading this thread alone! I am in the process of buying a home and have one 60-day late payment from a few months ago that is killing my score. I tried sending a letter a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything (I know - takes a while. But alas, I am impatient and need results NOW).

After reading this thread, I decided to make a call. Result? Success!!!!!

For all those trying to get a GW delete from GEMB, this is very good news. I called the CS line (they are open 24 hrs) and not only did they agree to delete the late payments, he refunded over $100 in late fees without my asking!

He said I should see the account update within 30 days.

Here is the number- 1-866-869-4671. I believe this works for all store cards that GEMB services. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for providing info for people here.  Good luck with your mortgage and you got a kudos on your first post.  Not too shabby.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 217 of 378
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I am so in with the hope of having as much success as some of you.  Couldn't ask for anything better for Christmas then to get lates and collections off.
Message 218 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone, your group sounds great.  I'm about to send my first GW to Wells Fargo Auto and was wondering if anyone has done so and how did it work out.  Also, how long do you wait before trying to get baddies taken off.  I'm trying to get a 60-day removed from the beginning of this year.  I co-signed (I KnowSmiley Sad) for my sister and she lost her job and got behind on payments and was too embarrassed to tell me.  We got it caught up and has been paying on time/early really since then.  Appreciate the help and any pointers.

Message 219 of 378
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your state statutes regarding what can be reported against co-signers. I know of one state that requires a co-signer to be notified before reporting negative information and the co-signer has to be given time to pay the missed/late payments and if they do, no negative information can be reported.

dnswife wrote:

Hey Everyone, your group sounds great.  I'm about to send my first GW to Wells Fargo Auto and was wondering if anyone has done so and how did it work out.  Also, how long do you wait before trying to get baddies taken off.  I'm trying to get a 60-day removed from the beginning of this year.  I co-signed (I KnowSmiley Sad) for my sister and she lost her job and got behind on payments and was too embarrassed to tell me.  We got it caught up and has been paying on time/early really since then.  Appreciate the help and any pointers.

Message 220 of 378
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.