cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to CA (also example of email GW to NCO)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW to CA (also example of email GW to NCO)

Does anyone have an example of a sucessful GW to send a CA?

I'm trying to write one for a paid (paid them in 05/2006) CA, the OC doesn't report (it was an old water utility bill). The DOFD for this is 07/2004 according to EQ so I guess it would fall off around 07/2010. I'd really like to have them delete and no longer see Paid/Closed Collection Account...

I've searched the forum and have seen plenty of good examples of GWs to send OCs or to get lates, etc removed. I just can't seem to formulate what approach to take with GWing a paid CA. Any suggestions?

Message Edited by MtnGoat on 08-29-2008 03:54 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to CA

I sent this letter to Diversified Adjustment back in April...and it worked....so maybe you can tweek this to work for you...

April 13, 2008

Diversified Adjustment Service, Inc
600 Coon Rapids Blvd.
Coon Rapids, MN 55433

Account number: XXXXX

Dear XXXXX:
I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. The above reference account was placed with you for collections by Nextel Communications in Jan 2008. I paid the account in full on March 31, 2008.

Because I have paid the account in full, I would like you to consider deleting the account from you records and stop reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. I had no idea about this collection company because I have received no letter from you regarding this.

As soon and I found about out about this collection from pulling my 3 in 1 credit report. I contacted you and paid as soon as I could.

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a home and currently my scores are too low to do so. I have a 30-60 day time frame to get my scores up. I have been paying all items on my credit report and because this one is already paid all I can do it hope you will delete which will increase my score a lot. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Sincerely,

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 08-29-2008 02:21 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slyhouse08- Thank you!

That helped me a lot, very inspiring and motivated me...I typed up my GW as an email and I'm going to try that first before sending it regular mail. The only reason I'm emailing first is because the CA is NCO and from other threads I gathered that NCO is unusually receptive (for a CA) to email requests.

I didn't actually send the email yet and am hoping for some feedback on it. Here's what my GW draft looks like:

Dear LXXX SXXXXXX,

I pulled all 3 of my annual credit reports on 08/18/2008 and noticed that a collection account for NCO is reporting on my Eqifax and my Experian reports. Experian lists the account # as XXXXXXX. From the information on my Experian and Equifax reports I see this account was assigned to NCO in October of 2004 by Pennsylvania American Water Company. It also appears on these reports that I paid this account balance of $179 in full on 05/30/2006.

Because I have paid this account in full, I would like you to consider deleting this account from your records and making a goodwill gesture of removing it from my credit reports. I would be extremely grateful for your help with this matter as I am currently trying to improve my credit scores and be responsible with my finances.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

My Name Here
My Full Mailing Address Here
My Email Addy Here

Message Edited by MtnGoat on 08-29-2008 03:55 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I go ahead and send it or could it use some polishing?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump...

Maybe I'll send it Tuesday
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe even though it is a paid CA I will email NCO a modified DV sort of email rather than a GW.....it might be more effective. Haven't decided.

Any advice or input??

Smiley SadI probably should have posted all this under an NCO thread or the PFD NCO thread rather than startying a new thread.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to CA (also example of email GW to NCO)

IMHO your letter sounds fine.  Here was my success trail with a paid NCO recent removal:

1.  mailed GW on 6/14 to Wilmington addy
2.  emailed GW to M.B. on 7/12
3.  forwarded the email to L.S. on 8/3 after no response to initial email
4.  status changed from paid to derogatory on cr 8/8
5.  mailed a DV via regular mail 8/9 to Horsham addy
6.  received response to DV on 8/12
7.  emailed below GW to L.S. using the reference number listed on their response on 8/13
8.  ca removed from cra (ex and tu only reported) by 8/23

Best wishes to you - be sure to keep us posted when they delete!!

Ms. S...,

I am in receipt of your response to my inquiry on the above captioned reference number – thank you for your reply. 

As your response verifies the account is closed in your office as paid, I humbly ask for a goodwill deletion of this account with the credit bureaus as a one time courtesy credit clear on the satisfied account.  With a new sense of value for positive credit reporting, I strive to maintain timely payments on all of my accounts.  Unfortunately, this past negative collection account reflects a serious derogatory, however, is not a good indication of my present creditworthiness, which will adversely affect the interest rate offered to me as I begin the process for homeownership.  Therefore, in the spirit of forgiveness, I ask for a gracious removal of this account.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOOH Thank you so very much Wish! Smiley Happy
I'm sooo very grateful that you shared your trail with me!!

So what I'm going to do is go ahead and send the GW email I posted earlier in the thread to L.S. (not gonna even bother w/ M.B.)
Hopefully she'll just delete (my optimistic scenario).
But if she doesn't, I'm now confident (thanks again to Wish) that even if she ignores my email I can mail a DV and follow up similar to the steps you had to take...

I'll update when I get deletes!!
Message 8 of 10
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

NCO was also very nice to me when I emailed them (might have had something to due with recent lawsuit)  They removed all the files they had with my SSN from my credit reports.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ug...here's my update so far: sent my GW email to L.S. on 09/08/08. Got a mailed response today...on official stupid NCO letterhead. It says:
Dear Blahblah,
Pursuant to your email dated Sept 8, 2008, our office will not delete any information that we have furnished to the credit bureaus regarding the above referenced account.Please be advised that the above-referenced account is closed in our office as paid.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus,with which we do business, with our request to update our listing of the above-referenced account as paid on your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records. We appreciate the oppurtunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours,
L.S.
Vice President, Legal Compliance Dept

I'm annoyed. A little surprised that she responded so promptly (and by mail) to my GW. Guess I can send a DV, especially because I don't remember paying them specifically...I mean, I know its paid but I feel like I probably paid the water company directly over the phone...I can't recall either way but I really doubt I paid NCO directly. I think I'll wait a little before sending the DV, I dunno.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.