Not applicable

GW to Ford... opinions?

My Name

My Address

June 11, 2008

Re: Account #

Ford Credit

Dear Sirs:

I have been a Ford customer since 2003 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with Ford. I purchased my current Escape XLT taking advantage of the Ford Family Discount as my eldest daughter is a Ford employee and I plan to continue to purchase Ford vehicles in the future.  I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I co-signed for my youngest daughter’s automobile in 2001 and she defaulted on the loan.  By the time that I learned of this the account was reporting as a “charge-off”.  When I was informed of this situation I paid the account in full.  I expressed that I did not want this to show negatively on my credit and I was assured that it would not by making this payment.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last 5 years on my own Ford financing, Account # xxxxxxx, I would like you to consider removing the negative co-signed account from my credit report.  This is the only negative mark on my credit history, reporting as a "paid charge-off" with 3 lates, and  I ask that this account be removed from my credit report not to deny that I was responsible as a co-signer but rather that this negative item is not a true indicator of my credit worthiness.  I hope that Ford is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer and hope to continue a long relationship with Ford. With today’s credit climate I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with loyal customers. Ford has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to my friends and family. I hope that you will deeply consider my request.  I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcham54687
New Contributor

Re: GW to Ford... opinions?

I like your letter. I really hope it works. If it does let us know, there are several of us trying to get Ford/Mazda credit to GW.
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So much for asking them to remove the co-signed account:

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for contacting Ford Credit.

Our company reports credit history on every customer's account by actual credit experience and the information reported must be factual.

In reviewing your account, I determined the payment history to be accurate based on payments received.

If you feel you have a dispute with the accuracy of the data contained in your credit report, please file a written dispute to:

Ford Credit
Credit Disputes
PO Box 542000
Omaha, NE  68154-8000
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the addy you sent your GW to? If not, I'd send the GW to THEM. It's possible that the addy you sent the original GW to couldn't make that sort of determination.

IANM, ALL companies have a policy to only report accurate info (including derogs), but if you read the posts here, not all them do. Why? Because there are always loopholes (so to speak) and there's always a human being at the end of line (one that might have a heart, no less!). So please, please, please, don't get discouraged!! Try, try, try, try again .. and then, try some more!!

Good luck!!! And keep us posted!! And of course, feel free to rant, complain and vent!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WooHoo!  I got an alert from Experian that my credit report had changed.  Summary is:

Was deliquent/derogatory = 1
Now deliquent/derogatory = 0

I looked at the report and Ford no longer shows up under derogaroty.  It is now under closed accounts and the status is Current Closed!

I ordered all three credit reports and Plus scores...
EX=765
EQ=769
TU=769

The Equifax report shows no data on the Ford account, only shows up on TransUnion and I already knew that it was coming off about Dec of this year. But then I ordered my score from My Fico and it is still at 728. Smiley Sad

Doesn't look like any of those Plus scores are accurate.  They are FAKOs?

Message Edited by PittsburgPamela on 07-27-2008 12:49 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus scores are FAKO's

Congrats - has it been 7 years? As I have never heard of a Ford GW working
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's been 7 years.  TU says it will come off this December.  The others don't say specifcally, that I have seen.

No, GW to Ford didn't work.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.