Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW to government advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW to government advice?

After I was finally able to contact someone at DFAS the lovely woman on the phone told me that I have been making payments through a collections agency(I dont remember making them but ok) and that my debt was paid off. And without even asking she informed me that she was removing this account from my credit report. WOOHOO win win.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Message 11 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After I was finally able to contact someone at DFAS the lovely woman on the phone told me that I have been making payments through a collections agency(I dont remember making them but ok) and that my debt was paid off. And without even asking she informed me that she was removing this account from my credit report. WOOHOO win win.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Good that it is being deleted. 

Message 12 of 16
sportyloc107
Established Member

hey my man do u have the number that you called?? i have this on my credit report and was paid off in 07..shows as paid/closed on my report

Message 13 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 14 of 16
sportyloc107
Established Member

thanks to you i had this removed with no problem..sent them a email and got a reply back in hours..no longer showing on my CR. enlistment bonus i had to pay back to the navy. i payed it off in 08.

Message 15 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Nice job.  DFAS isn't too bad considering they handle every single military members and retirees pay.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.