Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW with old auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW with old auto

I have been trying to figure out the best way to repair mine and DH's cr so I thought that I would tackle the small things first.  We have a an old auto loan on our cr that has some lates on it so I contact the credit union (which has merged and changed names with another one) and they told me that I would need to dispute it with the cb before they could do anything.  Well since I am new at this I am a little confused.  I am not disputing that they were late I just would like to ask that they be removed.  Am I being nieve?  Do I have to say that they were not late in order to request that they be removed?  Is this how it works for all disputes?  I tried to search disputes and I could not find any clear instructions on this. 

Sorry if I seem a little dense at this, but I am kind of confused.  Thank you for any advise that is offered.

TIffany
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW with old auto

If these lates are over 2 years old they probably aren't hurting you that much (if at all).

If you go to dispute them etc. you could be opening up a can of worms and find yourself worse off. Also, since the CU has changed names etc. you would probably be running in circles trying to get them removed without any results.

Since you agree that these are valid lates I would just let them be.
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

1111mel wrote:
Since you agree that these are valid lates I would just let them be.

Yes and also you run the risk of loosing the entire TL which could lower your score too. Like mel said I would leave it be.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tiffany1971! Since your post has much more to do with credit repair than auto loans, I'll be moving this thread to the Rebuilding Your Credit Forum. You are likely to receive many more replies and help over there. GL!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.