Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garnishment Judgements completed not updated on my credit report. please adv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garnishment Judgements completed not updated on my credit report. please adv

Hello thanks for this forum i was able raise my credit score to 600's  my goal is 700's get 10k card. 

took  months Garnishment Judgements to completed paid in full not updated on my credit report.

$1,407
Velocity Investments Llc
date created Nov, 2012

STATUS                   The status is clear 

DATE PAID              no date                 

I have the letter from velocity investments it was paid in full, i know will be removed in 7 years

Do i need to send letter to all 3 and update the status and the date was paid in full  on 1/15/2013 ? status and the date paid helps ? I trying to buy a house please advise , 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garnishment Judgements completed not updated on my credit report. please adv

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello thanks for this forum i was able raise my credit score to 600's  my goal is 700's get 10k card. 

took  months Garnishment Judgements to completed paid in full not updated on my credit report.

$1,407
Velocity Investments Llc
date created Nov, 2012

STATUS                   The status is clear 

DATE PAID              no date                 

I have the letter from velocity investments it was paid in full, i know will be removed in 7 years

Do i need to send letter to all 3 and update the status and the date was paid in full  on 1/15/2013 ? status and the date paid helps ? I trying to buy a house please advise ,

A satisfaction of judgment has to be filed with the court and if you have that paper you need to get it filed. I would then look into your states laws to see if you can get it vacated on grounds its been paid, if you can its gone from your CRs now instead of the 7 yrs from date of its entry,

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garnishment Judgements completed not updated on my credit report. please adv

The plaintiff is required under ther rules of civil procedure to notify the court within a set period after the judgment is satisfied.  It should be reported to the court by them.

The court will not update your credit report.  They did not report thet judgment, and are not involved in credit reporting.

Once the court has obtained notice of satisfaction from the plaintiff, they will update the public record.  You should then contact the CRA and request they recheck the public record and update their files to show that the debt is paid.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.