Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis GW possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Genesis GW possible?

Hello to all.

Yes, I know it's a horrible card, but I have an Indigo Bank Mastercard, currently zero balance and $300 limit. 

This time last year I was using a Bill Pay service called Earn-Up.  Due to a processing error, Earn-Up sent my August payment out late to 2 creditors...Genesis and Home Depot.  I have a letter from Earn-up(the bill pay service) that shows it was a processing error on their end, and asking that the derogatory remark be removed.  (They reported it 30 days late x1 in August of last year.  Home Depot did not report late). 

Is it worth it to try to dispute the late payment, or request a Goodwill adjustment?  Ultimately, I know it's my responsibility to watch it every month, but somehow I didn't discover that it was late until September.  So Earn-up screwed up and I didn't catch it.

Thanks for any tips!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Genesis GW possible?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all.

Yes, I know it's a horrible card, but I have an Indigo Bank Mastercard, currently zero balance and $300 limit. 

This time last year I was using a Bill Pay service called Earn-Up.  Due to a processing error, Earn-Up sent my August payment out late to 2 creditors...Genesis and Home Depot.  I have a letter from Earn-up(the bill pay service) that shows it was a processing error on their end, and asking that the derogatory remark be removed.  (They reported it 30 days late x1 in August of last year.  Home Depot did not report late). 

Is it worth it to try to dispute the late payment, or request a Goodwill adjustment?  Ultimately, I know it's my responsibility to watch it every month, but somehow I didn't discover that it was late until September.  So Earn-up screwed up and I didn't catch it.

Thanks for any tips!

Send GW letter. Set everything to autopay. Set reminders.  Fire Earn-up.  Own your processes.  Good luck my friend!

Message 2 of 6
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous I am trying to goodwill with genesis right now and I've sent letters and emails and called and haven't had any luck. The people on the phone seemed to not have a lot of experience with anything and they won't transfer you to anybody useful. If you find contact info, can you please share with me?? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! Any sharing of contact info would be greatly appreciated!

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you have the proof in a letter. Send off copies to the CRA's. If they give you a hard time. Then CFPB time. Actually they should make the adjustments to the CRA's not you. Ask them to do so.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same card. I emailed the President/CEO. I got a call from his office the next day. They claim they don't remove. I have a 30 day from 2018 I wanted removed. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.