Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis Promised to Cease Collection...

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Genesis Promised to Cease Collection...

yet they are still reporting on my CR.  HELP.

And to boot, they're reporting false information stating that the debt was including in my BK.  Not so.

What exactly do CAs mean when they say that they will no longer pursue collection of your account?  If that's what they're going to do, doesn't that mean that they should stop reporting to the CRAs since that is considered a collection activity?

Any help / advice is appreciated. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Genesis Promised to Cease Collection...

adamseve wrote:
yet they are still reporting on my CR.  HELP.

And to boot, they're reporting false information stating that the debt was including in my BK.  Not so.

What exactly do CAs mean when they say that they will no longer pursue collection of your account?  If that's what they're going to do, doesn't that mean that they should stop reporting to the CRAs since that is considered a collection activity?

Any help / advice is appreciated. 

Did you sent them a letter requesting they stop contacting you (like a cease & desist letter)?

If so they could be responding to that. If you request it in writing they do have to stop calling and if some situations based on state and wording of your letter, they have to stop writing too.

Or if you DV'd them, maybe they are in their validation phase which prevents them from collecting. However, they can continue to report.

I wouldn't dispute just yet, but I would send a GW for removal and include a copy of their letter.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.