Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gentleman Doesn't Know How to Delete Account

tag
vol4life
Valued Member

Gentleman Doesn't Know How to Delete Account

Hey all, I spoke with a CO company in a small town and he wanted to help me, but couldn't understand how he could delete it off my account. What can I tell or send him to help him out? Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Gentleman Doesn't Know How to Delete Account

I am actually having the same issue and I think it is sadly hilarious.  The only collection I have is a medical collection owend by a small CA in a small town in the mountains here and they were more than happy to delete - but I don't think they know how to delete the account.  When they last updated, they had basically removed all of their company information from EQ but nothing from the other two.  So, I think she just tried deleting all the information and not the full account.

They even sent me a letter a few days ago saying they would update at the end of this month.  I'm not even sure how to approach this one.

Message 2 of 5
SGTRobocop
Established Member

It takes 30-45 days, and if you dispute it on your credit, you risk disputing the deletion letter they sent as well, I learned this the hard way. Wait 45 days then contact CRA's by phone and see if they have a record of it, then dispute if they don't

1-2012 EX-504/EQ511/TU505
2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
3-2012 EX-577/EQ573/TU602
4-2012 EX-603/EQ677/TU683
5-2012- EX-748/EQ683/TU758
Message 3 of 5
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

interesting. Not sure what to tell them, bumping since maybe someone else has experience in how to help you. Good luck.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Assuming that the creditor is using the Metro2 format, here are the instructions:

"To delete an entire account, report Account Status Code DA (Field 17A). All borrowers will be deleted along with the account history"

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.