cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting BOA off EQ

tag
courtneych

Getting BOA off EQ

Hello, I just pulled my Eqiufax CR and saw that have a charge off with Bank of America. The CA is Federal Bond and Collection and I want to know how can I get this off my equifax because it is not showing on the other two CR. Thanks

Message Edited by fused on 08-06-2008 09:31 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
courtneych

Re: Getting Bank of America off Euiqfax

Sorry about the spelling
Message 2 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting BOA off EQ

Is it an accurate collection?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting Bank of America off Euiqfax

Is it yours? How much is it? What type of account (credit card, loan, etc.)? When did the account with BoA first report as late, this is commonly referred to as DOFD (date of first default)? For SOL (statute of limitations) purposes which state are you in? Did this debt occur in another state?
Message 4 of 6
courtneych

On my report it said that it was a checking account, but I never open an account.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've never had an account with BoA, then I would call BoA and see what they can tell you about the account.

If they say you did and you know you didn't, then I would file a police report, ID theft affidavit, and send that all to the CRA along with a letter stating that it isn't your account.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.