Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Deragatories removed from my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Deragatories removed from my credit report

I’m new to trying to get my credit score repaired and have noticed that I have two deragatory marks on my credit report both dating back to last year. One of them is from a gym (use to be golds gym but the owner renamed it) which was sent to a collection agency and I owe 120$ (I didn’t keep paying because I signed up for golds and then moved but when the owner rebranded the gym I loss access to all golds gym and the just move gym was counties away). My second mark is for a collection that owe to bright house/spectrum from about 2 years ago worth 250$. This has also been sent a collection agency. I plan on paying both of these off in late January, but is it possible to have the collection agency’s remove these deragtory marks? If so how do I go about it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Getting Deragatories removed from my credit report

From Google

Pay for Delete. If you can't remove the debt by disputing it, you can negotiate with the collector to have the account removed from your credit report in exchange for payment. Send the collector a letter stating your interest in paying the account.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m new to trying to get my credit score repaired and have noticed that I have two deragatory marks on my credit report both dating back to last year. One of them is from a gym (use to be golds gym but the owner renamed it) which was sent to a collection agency and I owe 120$ (I didn’t keep paying because I signed up for golds and then moved but when the owner rebranded the gym I loss access to all golds gym and the just move gym was counties away). My second mark is for a collection that owe to bright house/spectrum from about 2 years ago worth 250$. This has also been sent a collection agency. I plan on paying both of these off in late January, but is it possible to have the collection agency’s remove these deragtory marks? If so how do I go about it?

Who did the original creditors send the debt to?  Please list the two collection authorities so we can better help you.  Some have a policy to delete after a certain amount of time, after the debt has been paid.  Others will not remove.  As mentioned before me, your main focus should to set up a Pay For Delete arrangement in writing.  A lot of CA's don't agree to PFD's, so your best course of action if these two will not delete for payment (considering these are so recent) is to pay the debt, and then start a goodwill campaign to have these negative tradelines removed from your reports.  Search this forum for the "Goodwill saturation technique".  I have had good luck with these, along with many other people on this forum.

Best of luck, and if you have questions, this is the place to ask!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OP, wellcome to my FICO.

I had 2 unknown derogatories last year on my report and it effected my credit score very badly, I disputed them by calling all 3 bureaus on same day, they said it will take a 30 day process that they will have to contact those collections authorities asking them for the proof which shows that I am liable for making payements and missed.CB gave them 30 days time limit to submit those documents but since those collections doesn't belongs to me therefore collection authorities could not provide any sort of doc which proofs. so, after a month or so those derogatory marks vanished and my score went up...

OP, in case if you need a sample of a letter...here it is

Pay for Delete Example Letter (PFD):

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/m-p/4519/highlight/true#M...

@Anonymous wrote:

all the best!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.