Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Dispute comment Removed

tag
faiths13
Established Member

Getting Dispute comment Removed

About a month or two I gave my husband the info to contact the 3 CRA's to get a dispute comment removed from his report. He contaced all 3 and it seems like only 1 was reporting it as a dispute (Equifax I think). Anyway he talked to someone and they said they would remove it. We are now being told by the lender it is still there. Any advice? Also, can anyone link me to the thread that has all the phone info to contact the CRA's for this purpose. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Dispute comment Removed

Which lender is it? I've never had success disputing a TL to get a dispute comment deleted, they always seem to leave it. However contacting the data furnisher can correct this easily.

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  This works better if you contact whoever is posting.  Is it paid?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
faiths13
Established Member

It is not paid. We disputed it and lost. We are on a payment plan now. The company ( Wakefield) refuses to give us anything saying we are paying on it or to put on our report we are paying it because they say we are not in a contract. We are down to the wire on our loan and are just now being told its still there and needs to come off. The comments say disputed by consumer.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.