Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Judgment Info

tag
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Getting Judgment Info

When calling the courthouse regarding a judgment, what do I need to ask for to get all the information regarding it?  I want to know how I was served, a copy of the judgment, things like that.  I don't know if I have to ask for everything specifically and I don't want to miss any key information.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Judgment Info

Use the case # listed on your CR....ask for a certified copy.....ask state law on what Proper Service should have been as you never received anything.     ask what you need to do as to get it corrected.

She should be able to tell you about the proper papers needed to send to the court to have it vacated.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Judgment Info

I would ask for a copy of all documents in the file, including certified copies of any all pleadings, judgments, etc.  FYI, some Clerk of Courts will give you a "sample" document for you to follow, a motion that may have been filed in someone else's case.  The Clerk can "black out" the personal information on the sample pleading. 

You may also want the Clerk to see if they have anything else on the civil records for you.  Make sure nothing else has been filed in another case that you do not know about. 

Rule of thumb with Clerk of Court's office, always, always be nice as pie.  Most Clerk of Court offices are extremely hectic and seriously underpaid.  Citizens usually have a bad attitude with the Clerk, so they are Smiley Very Happy when someone is nice to them.

Message Edited by kidshelper on 07-16-2008 02:31 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.