Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Old Late Payments Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Old Late Payments Removed

Hi, I'm trying really hard to bring up my credit score before a mortgage. Two years ago, I had several cards that I missed payments on. Without going too much into the story, I'm a teacher, summers can be hard, and I had just moved.

How likely am I to get something fixed from late 2018? Is that even a possibility at this point?

I've paid off all my cards, settled my collection accounts, and paid off my car. I'm seeing movement in the way I DON'T want to go, but I guess that's from so many things showing a zero balance. As of this month, I'm making purchases on credit cards with less than 10% of my total limit. Thoughts?

This is my first time here. I appreciate any help. Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Old Late Payments Removed

Is everything paid off and at zero ? One of your credit card needs to be reporting a small balance to the bureaus . 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I just started trying to keep a small balance on them. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may ask the creditor to remove. Write to the creditor's executive office. It's worth a try. Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You may ask the creditor to remove. Write to the creditor's executive office. It's worth a try. Good luck!

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.