Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a medical collection removed ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a medical collection removed ??

Hi all! So I recently succeeded in getting my second last collection off of my bureaus -- a medical collection of $1200 with Mercantile Adjustment. The hospital actually forgave the debt 3 years ago but never reported it to the COL AGENCY and it finally came off thanks to my due diligence. Got a 5 point score bump too :-) At 636 now (EXPERIAN), up from 578 just in July!!

NOW, I have one more due to age off in November (Experian is excluding early for me).. California Buisiness Bureau. The balance is $1705 with the hospital (OC) but they want $2200 to pay it off and they will delete early...extortion if you ask me!! I declined and want to know if theres ANY WAY to get this off early based on HIPAA, or DV or disputing? I tried disputing with CRA (EXP) and they just came back validated. Are there any other options for me to be aggressive or should i just wait ? The collection is from early 2009, so I imagine it barely hurts my score now? The collection removed overnight was from 2011-2012, much more recent.

Any advice would be appreciated! I want t have a clean report when I app spree for new cards in October/November, so waiting wouldn't kill me, but I'm impatient. I have $10,850 in credit, at 43% UTIL - paid down to 29% which will report end of month. So expecting a bump there too! Thank you all for advice -- you are all wonderful here!!

Scores:

EXP 636
TU 633
EQ 600 * Not on this report 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting a medical collection removed ??

Ill give you the order in which you approach medical collections but this is Sept and I would just wait for it to drop and once it does, assuming its past SOL too it becomes a Zombie and I would then only offer 20% or less to settle it. The HIPAA Process cannot be discussed on this board as my info says you can Google it up.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.