Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting close to fully rebuilt, and LOL VS3.0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting close to fully rebuilt, and LOL VS3.0

As of yesterday I was down to two remaining derogs on my reports. A year and a half ago I had a bunch of various types - some lates, some chargeoffs, unpaid collections, and Medicals. Through payments, PFDs, EEs, and HIPAA disputes, all of whose strategies and CA tendencies I learned from this forum, I was as of yesterday down to two, with both reporting on each bureau.

Yesterday one of them (old long-paid chargeoff) entered EE territory for TU. DoFD was April 2015, meaning April 2020 was the natural exclusion date (thank you NY Purge Law!), so about 10am I called TU, only to be told that since it was 10/2019 and the natural drop date was 4/2020, it wasn’t six months out and to call next month.

Huh?

I am not a mathematics Nobel Laureate, but as an aerospace engineer I have passing familiarity with addition and subtraction, and that looks like six months to me. However, I couldn’t convince the rep that counting forward in months from October to April equals six. Ergo, HUCA.

Called back around 6pm and got a rep who passed fourth grade, who immediately transferred me to a supervisor and two minutes later the account was history. On 1/1 I can remove it from EX, and then will let it age off naturally in April from EQ since we all know better than to ask them to manipulate anything. Asking for EE from them ends up with the same magnitude of screwup as seeing a doctor for strep and ending up with a lobotomy and a double amputation.

So now, with EE beginning to happen I only have to wait for the proper looming dates and this old C/O vanishes. I am going after my final derog with a vengeance beginning today (a closed/paid collection from EAS that originated with Frontier), and if I can clear it, my rebuild is complete, with three 100% clean reports. From 14 derogs to this, I’m so close, I can almost taste it. All credit for the successes so far goes to this forum’s incredible base of experience and knowledge, and from reading and heeding the advice from the OGs and veterans here. You guys are amazing as is MF. This place changes lives.

Side note, I checked WalletHub this morning to verify that the C/O was gone, and it was. My instant analysis from them was that the three changes in the past 30 days were:

• removal of a negative tradeline, seen as a plus
• two accounts aged past three months, also a plus
• one inquiry, seen as a negative

The result after VS3.0 chewed on it all? Apparently going from 3 inquiries to 4 far outweighs a positive aging factor and the deletion of a derog (to be fair the derog was 4.5 YO, older than my AAoA) because the resultant score change was a 71-point DROP lmao. Does anyone still wonder why VS3.0 never really caught on vis-a-vis FICO? 😂😂

To the newer members who are just getting into credit and may read this, this is the kind of reason why we tell you that credit monitoring sites like WalletHub, Credit Karma, et al, are great for monitoring your reports, but the scores should be disregarded.

Anyhow, just wanted to share some personal good news - off to plan my attack on that final collection Smiley Happy Thank you again to the community here, only one last hurdle remains Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Getting close to fully rebuilt, and LOL VS3.0

Excellent Dude! Keep slinging that chain saw till all the tress come down. You meant calling Equisux is as bad as going for a appendectomy and coming out with a sex change. Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao more like going in for an ingrown toenail and coming out with a sex change...and still having the ingrown toenail 😂

Thanks my friend, it’s all getting real now. Your direct advice and indirect to others has been a part of this. You, RobertEG, Remmy, BBS, CC, TT, SJ, LauraC, and many others have helped with specifics to my profile and anecdotally with advice to others that also guided me. I’ve improved scorewise by 75-90 points in the past 18 months and financially/psychologically (as in I can sleep at night knowing if something happens, I have access to funds to handle it) by an immeasurable amount. The crew here is doing God’s work, to borrow a phrase. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Know how you feel man. Once those 6's turn into 7's as the first number in your scores its a big relief. Least you can sing in the soprano range now. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO for real. Then I can garden for 6 months or more, concentrate on growing my Amex, Lowe’s, and Disco cards, and look for some big-kid SLs after that Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! It was really great to read this considering all the work you put in, not just to better yourself, but helping others in the process, too.
So exciting!
Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Also, you forgot beer, so -350 VS3.0
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @Remmy, no drinking during EE. I’m gonna order socks like yours and break out the Lagavulin 16 year single malt when I go kick this last derog’s a$$ though Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add yourself in to that mix of myFico veterans who have helped so many haul their credit out of the hole. And I’m so glad your planning and determination have brought you within a drop of complete freedom.

Let us know when you break out the Lagavulin - I’ll raise a neat Macallan 15 year for you. 🥃
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the successes! VS 3.0 got me too. I got a $300 CLI, decreased a collection balance by $206, making it 2/3 of the way to paid off, but had a balance increase of $50 on my Victoria's Secret card. The result was a 5 point drop 😂😂 I refuse to check my actual FICOs again until I have gotten rid of the collection I am paying on now and lowering the balances on my cards, but I do check Credit Karma for alerts, and in the case if score changes, for the giggles it provides.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.