Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting depressed

tag
lagb
Contributor

Getting depressed

I recently pulled the CRs for my hubby and myself and I was soooo depressed!  Our recent credit is pretty good, with the exception of a disputed collection (getting nowhere on that)  and a recently paid in full negative (paid before I found out about the PFD letters!! Grrr)   Any and all other baddies were from 2002-2004.  We had a bad mortgage from a fraudulent mortgage company that resulted in the sale of our home in 2006 and we are involved in a class action lawsuit for that.  We did not claim bk nor were we foreclosed on.  We just decided to sell the house before any of that happened. 

About 2 months ago, we were each approved for small CCs ($500 CL and zero interest) and we got them figuring we could increase our scores.

But my score is 623 on TU and 580ish on EX.  Hubby is 587 on TU!!  We have no recent negatives and our us

What do I have to do?  All the simulators just tell me to pay off all my debt in the next 24 months.  We have a car loan (never late) and small CCs (never late) 

Any suggestions?  We are going to be looking into buying another house shortly and I'd love to see my scores increase.  But if our last 2 years is ok - then why do our scores stink so bad?? 

I think the CA from my disputed collection keeps re-aging the debt so it looks recent, when it's not.  How do I fix that?  I keep disputing it and nothing happens.  The CR keeps saying "verified", but it's still inaccurate.  Do I send a DV letter? 

I'm just so lost and disheartened.  I feel like my scores are never going to get better no matter how good I am. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting depressed

DV the inaccurate CA, but watch out for SOL. They might sue.

GW the PIFd accounts.

Keep everything paid on time, and get UTIL below 10%.

You might have some luck having 2-3 CCs reporting for score purposes. Other than the above, only time will cure your scores.
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

lagb wrote:
I recently pulled the CRs for my hubby and myself and I was soooo depressed!  Our recent credit is pretty good, with the exception of a disputed collection (getting nowhere on that)  and a recently paid in full negative (paid before I found out about the PFD letters!! Grrr)   Any and all other baddies were from 2002-2004.  We had a bad mortgage from a fraudulent mortgage company that resulted in the sale of our home in 2006 and we are involved in a class action lawsuit for that.  We did not claim bk nor were we foreclosed on.  We just decided to sell the house before any of that happened. 

About 2 months ago, we were each approved for small CCs ($500 CL and zero interest) and we got them figuring we could increase our scores.

But my score is 623 on TU and 580ish on EX.  Hubby is 587 on TU!!  We have no recent negatives and our us

What do I have to do?  All the simulators just tell me to pay off all my debt in the next 24 months.  We have a car loan (never late) and small CCs (never late) 

Any suggestions?  We are going to be looking into buying another house shortly and I'd love to see my scores increase.  But if our last 2 years is ok - then why do our scores stink so bad?? 

I think the CA from my disputed collection keeps re-aging the debt so it looks recent, when it's not.  How do I fix that?  I keep disputing it and nothing happens.  The CR keeps saying "verified", but it's still inaccurate.  Do I send a DV letter? 

I'm just so lost and disheartened.  I feel like my scores are never going to get better no matter how good I am. 

To add....

Disputing any account will result in what happened. They didn't re-age it. It likely would still drop off as scheduled, but the CA will update the report date and FICO will read it as if it were new. So everytime you dispute, your score tanks. As mentioned, don't dispute, but DV.

Now if you are 100% certain that the originating OC isn't yours and you are certain there is no relationship between you and the OC/CA, then you may have been a victim of ID theft. If so, file a police report and resubmit the dispute and the DV and include a copy of that police report with both and it'll come off.

If it is yours, and you agree with the results from the DV, then offer a PFD for removal. Just keep SOL in mind.

Message 3 of 5
lagb
Contributor

I was the victim of a merged credit report, not exactly and ID theft.  I worked with the CRAs and thought I got all of the wrong stuff off, but I forgot one.  Now, it's like pulling teeth to get it off. 

The other one is mine, technically.  But it was for early termination fees to Nextel, but I was umbrella'd under a government contract and was not supposed to incur any fees whatsoever and have been fighting with them for years with no satisfaction.  I've even pulled the original contract, but Nextel refuses to change it. 

I will GW the utilities that I just paid, so hopefully those will go away.
Message 4 of 5
mberry117
Regular Contributor

I know how you feel.  My scores are low but I don't have that much on my reports to keep me down.  I have 3 medical baddies that will be paid in the next month.  My UTIL, I think is what is killing me.

I have a few things that do roll of in less than 2 years.  So I just keep plugging along.  But yes it is very depressing some days!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.