Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting frustrated. ... please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting frustrated. ... please help

Since my bankruptcy was discharged on October 7th I have had 2 collection accounts that began reporting post discharge as included in bankruptcy and $0 balance but they were not there before I filed. They are debts that were included in bankruptcy with the original creditor but then all of a sudden pop up on my credit report and ruining any work I am doing to rebuild.

Any ideas on what I can do here?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting frustrated. ... please help

Anyone?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately they are reporting correctly with $0 balance and IIB. Nothing you can really do at this point except GW them.

Message 3 of 9
danibaby89
Valued Member

I am in the same boat. I was discharged on 9/30/14 and have had 2 collections added and reported IIB and $0 balance. I just figuered it is reporting correctly and there is nothing I can do but move on. I would say not to let that discourage you just keep cleaning up ypur report and start the rebuiliding process.

BK Chap 7 filed 6/27/14
341 Meeting 7/25/14
Discharged 9/30/14
Starting Score: 496
Current Score: 509 (Equifax)578 (Experian)
Goal Score: 700 ALL

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only possible avenue for deletion that comes to mind is if you have evidence that the debt collector did not obtain collection authority until after the debt was discharged.

In that situation, there would not have been a debt upon which they could have based collection.

However, I am not sure how you would obtain than info.

Any DV you might send, even if timely, could simplly be ignored, as they would not be concerned with removal of any cease collection bar, and thus would have no reason to provide any information.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same havoc. I filed June 2 and dismissed October 16 of 2014. The agency received 2nd placement in August and reported the debt November 7. I called the original debt holder and explained they are violation of my automatic stay. I explained, I wanted to account recalled from the 2nd placement CA. They did agree to do so. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have  had some luck with disputes getting these accounts removed. It's just so frustrating

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to dispute the matter due to their failure to recognize my automatic stay. I filed in june, however they received the balance as a 2nd placement in August. I wasn't discharged until October. I will provide the filing date and discharge letter to CRA. 

Message 8 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Since my bankruptcy was discharged on October 7th I have had 2 collection accounts that began reporting post discharge as included in bankruptcy and $0 balance but they were not there before I filed. They are debts that were included in bankruptcy with the original creditor but then all of a sudden pop up on my credit report and ruining any work I am doing to rebuild.

Any ideas on what I can do here?

I would contact the CA directly with a letter from your bk attorney. I had the same thing. Debt I had discharged was subsequently sold and then the CA placed a collection on my report. I called the CA and explained that they were violating the discharge injunction. I contacted my attorney for a letter. The CA's CSR was not at all helpful, but he must have had the call recorded because his 'boss' got back in touch with me and deleted it off my tradeline entirely - never to return again.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.