Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting help from hospital with medical debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting help from hospital with medical debt

I am applying for financial assistance for some medical bills from the hospital, which have now gone into collection. Does the financial assistance apply to bills that have gone into collection? I know every hospital is different, but if you've been in this situation, did your bills in collection qualify for financial assistance? I will call the hospital tomorrow and ask them myself, but it's closed now. I just wanted to know how it worked for you all.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting help from hospital with medical debt

I have not done this personally, but I have read several posts here recently that ppl have been able to get help with past medical bills that have been in collections and on their CRs for several months, if not longer.

Browse this fourm for titles for several past days and you should see some.

hth

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the answer but I can tell you my experience. I'm in the early rebuilding phase and my biggest baddie is from an ER visit for my daughter. Even after insurance it was nearly 1,000. It's in collections but I contracted the hospital about pulling it from collections and to make payments. After a conversation with the hospital associate she recommended that I apply for charity care for a possibility the bill being taken care of or reduced. So, in my experience it's possible. Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the  help. I called the hospital today, and they said they do help with bills that have been in collections.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.