cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting late payment history resolved - Barclays - how would you pursue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting late payment history resolved - Barclays - how would you pursue?

My credit scores have consistently been in the 790-825 range for years with zero negative marks on my credit history - EVER. In Sept 2020, I requested a payment type change at HomeAgain (pet chip company) so that the annual $21.99 fee wouldn't be charged to my Barclays card (which I never use). Fast forward to April, and I get a notification via CreditKarma that my credit scores had dropped over 70 pts overnight due to a late payment at Barclays.

Turns out, the card change never took place and I was completely unaware that the annual fee had hit. Reached out to Barclays, they waived the late fee (didn't care about that but thanks) but couldn't do anything about the late payment reporting to the credit bureaus.

I called HomeAgain and told them that the credit card change must not have stuck in late 2020, they sympathized and actually refunded the $21.99. I immediately saw a notification that things were current but there is still a negative mark by payment history. 

What advice would you have at this point?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jnbowmar
New Contributor

Re: Getting late payment history resolved - Barclays - how would you pursue?

If Barclays already said they won't remove the late payment then your kind of hosed. The 30 day late points should be back mostly in two years, maybe Barclays will be more likely to remove it some time between 6 months and two years, otherwise it will be on your report the full 7 years. 

I would contact the Barclays executive office tho, they have the most power, and would be able to delete if they want. The customer service people cannot. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.