Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting there...

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Getting there...

Good morning everyone!

Been working on my reports a lot here in the last year, with a lot of help from y'all (THANK YOU!!)

Pulled my equifax report the other day and I've got 6 negative accounts and a judgment left, should've seen the mess I had last year...

2 accounts are open, with some late payments scattered, aging off as we speak.

4 accounts as follows:

1. Cap One   Bal: $1699  C/O  DoFD 8/2010  - Showing on all 3 reports

2. Chase Student Loan  Bal: $0  C/O DoFD 10/2010 - Only showing on equifax

3. Star Card Bal: $0 C/O DoFD 4/2011 - Only showing on Equifax

4. Security Credit Services Bal: $0 Collection Account DoFD 4/2010  - Showing on Equifax and Experian.

Judgement (Cap one, different account than above): $1371  DoJ: 5/2011

Ive contacted Cap one and they have accepted a deal for about 1/2 on each, $600 and $585, respectively.  My question is once I pay them and it reports, will this give my score a significant boost?  I def plan on paying it, was just curious as to what y'all thought.  I can't wait til March/April 2018! Smiley Very Happy  The only baddies left.

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting there...

While everyone's profile is different, it would not be surprising to see your scores decrease as a result of activity on an old CO.  The scoring models may view the settlement as new activity on an old CO and react negatively.  The best thing would have been to negotiate a PFD with Cap One.  My experience is settlements and even paying off old CO's without a PFD resulted in a score decrease.  The good thing is you can put that behind you and if you are still within SOL you eliminate the possibility of being sued.  So, there are benefits and over time your score will increase as your overall profile improves.  As always YMMV.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.