Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going backwards....need to rant!!!

tag
tld1104
Contributor

Going backwards....need to rant!!!

I had a successful PFD with a utility company this month...they've sent a delete letter to the CRA's.  I have a copy of the letter...I  also sent it to the CRA's to help speed things along.  I just got an email from TU showing that they didn't delete...just updated to show paid after CO.  I called and the guy said that even with a letter they still verify and the utility company has verified.  How can this be happening...I've got proof and still can't get a deletion.  I don't know what to do now.

Also...just as I've been making progress I was hit with the 08 upgrade yesterday and lost 32 points on Equifax and last week I found a collection on Experian that I was an authorized user on that belongs to a family member.  I'm feeling very defeated right now! 

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Going backwards....need to rant!!!

@tld1104 wrote:

I had a successful PFD with a utility company this month...they've sent a delete letter to the CRA's.  I have a copy of the letter...I  also sent it to the CRA's to help speed things along.  I just got an email from TU showing that they didn't delete...just updated to show paid after CO.  I called and the guy said that even with a letter they still verify and the utility company has verified.  How can this be happening...I've got proof and still can't get a deletion.  I don't know what to do now.

Also...just as I've been making progress I was hit with the 08 upgrade yesterday and lost 32 points on Equifax and last week I found a collection on Experian that I was an authorized user on that belongs to a family member.  I'm feeling very defeated right now! 

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Smiley Indifferent

Sorry to hear this, things do happen and you need to just put it out of your mind and soldier on. The way to handle TU is to first contact the util co if they are the ones reporting and are the ones who agreed to delete and ask that they resubmit the deletion to TU, if this is a CA reporting and you made the deal with the OC you will need to write GW letters to them asking for the deletion. An OC has no effect on a CAs TL and vice versa. For your collection on the AU account all you need to do is contact the CA info them you are not responsible for the account, you were only an AU and it best disappear very quickly or you will file a complaint with the CFPB. For the Fico upgrade I would not worry about the score too much it is just one of many and the score you had previously is vaild. Good luck in your continued journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
tld1104
Contributor

Thank you gdale6...I really appreciate your kind words.  I was able to get the utility company (TXU) to resubmit the delete letter to TU.  Also, the CA for AT&T that I am only the AU on is supposed to have a confirmation # for me around the first of next week showing that it was deleted.  So far it's only shown up on Experian.  I'm also trying to put the 08 score drop behind me.  I have a new secured card with Capital One and hopefully when that starts reporting it will help. 

Message 3 of 19
down_n_out
Contributor

WHAT THE HECK??? Sorry for the caps, I have done everything humanly possible to get these people to PFD and They just completely refuse. I even have the CEO email address which i spoke with him several times and he referred me back to their collections supervisors who refused to do anything but update it as a paid chaRge off. Which I offerd to pay but they refused and said they will write off and and update and that's it. My husband has a severe disability and the hospital trips put us in a very bad place financially and otherwise and the final bill got overlooked when we were both hospitalized at the same time no less.

Anyway enough of my sad story I just went through this with TXU 2 months ago and they just completely refused saying the NEVER PFD or remove the credit reporting which I know is not true. How did you get this done and who did you speak to? PLEASE HELP!

Message 4 of 19
tld1104
Contributor

Hi...I also emailed the CEO...I wrote sincerely about what my family has been through, etc....short and sweet.  Give that a try.  I had also been turned down by customer service about three times prior to trying the CEO.  Maybe try some of the other higher ups too?  Somebody will have a heart.  

Message 5 of 19
down_n_out
Contributor

What Email do you have for the CEO? You can send it privately.

Message 6 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Please pm me CEO email as well. Thx in advance!
Message 7 of 19
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Been feeling the same as OP, with what feels like some backsliding on all my hard work, plus an item or two that are unfair (but not illegal) in their reporting. Part of my distress last night was also my 36 point slip in Equifax. I only added an inquiry since the higher score. So, now I'm wondering if it's the '08 upgrade? Hadn't thought of that until read this post...

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 8 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Oh the score rollercoaster, I know it all too well.  I've been down that road before.  Scores go up, then slide back down.  It's very common in the rebuilding stage.  Just garden what is good and keep cleaning your report.  You'll eventually get off that roller coaster and get back on the good path.  Best of luck to you.,

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 19
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Shogun. You always help me take a deep breath. You speak from experience & it means a lot to us here, especially during the dips/valleys in our journey!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.