Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from fair to good...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going from fair to good...

I have a cap 1 secured $1000 and a discover secured $400. I was just approved for the Fingerhut fresh start for $180 and made the first purchase and down payment of $30. I also applied for credit one and I’m positive I’m approved but do not know the limit yet. I have applied for Victoria secret and Walmart but we’re denied. I decided not to apply for anything else until my 6 months has past with cap1 and try for a quick silver card. My scores are fair low 600s. I have 4 negative student loads from 2010 that I plan to pay off in full in the next 2 months. My short term goal is 680-700 so I will be in the good bracket. Any tips or suggestions? I have next missed a payment and always make multiple payment a month. This month my utilization was 32%. On the next reporting it will be under 10%. I greatly appreciate your answers.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Going from fair to good...

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a cap 1 secured $1000 and a discover secured $400. I was just approved for the Fingerhut fresh start for $180 and made the first purchase and down payment of $30. I also applied for credit one and I’m positive I’m approved but do not know the limit yet. I have applied for Victoria secret and Walmart but we’re denied. I decided not to apply for anything else until my 6 months has past with cap1 and try for a quick silver card. My scores are fair low 600s. I have 4 negative student loads from 2010 that I plan to pay off in full in the next 2 months. My short term goal is 680-700 so I will be in the good bracket. Any tips or suggestions? I have next missed a payment and always make multiple payment a month. This month my utilization was 32%. On the next reporting it will be under 10%. I greatly appreciate your answers.

Get those SLs taken care of and keep your util down to 1 card under 9% of its CL reporting each month and use them responsibly then you will be good to go.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.