cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News plus question: Collection with Portfolio reporting open on two, closed on one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News plus question: Collection with Portfolio reporting open on two, closed on one?

Took the jump and check my scores.

1/4/2018 NFCU reported 471 Fico

As of today when I checked a Credit Care Total...... TU 635, EX 644, EQ 642!!!!!!!

During the check I saw my only collection showing as open on two accounts and closed on one. Any insight as to why, what I should do and is closed on the one good? They won't pfd and it is to fall off in 2021.

I have sent GW emails to NFCU so far for the three lates from last year and have heard nothing so far.

How much can I expect my scores to continue to improve monthly continuing with where I am currently?

Also thinking of asking for a cli from NFCU after the March AR. Would that be a soft then? Also seeking the cloc if approved for the cli at the same time. Hopeful it would be a soft then as well. Please correct if wrong. I have been prequalified for Amex Everyday, Everyday Blue and Green. Want to wait until around May and see if I could get prequalified for Everyday Blue Preferred as I spend a ton on Gas and Groceries so the rewards would be much better for me even with the annual fee. Anyone know what scores you need to get that card? Inquiries? Would applying for the cli and cloc interfer with Amex? NFCU card is 2.5 yrs old and youngest card. Amex would be first card with them ever.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good News plus question: Collection with Portfolio reporting open on two, closed on one?

If you only have one collection reporting on each account and nothing else negative (such as late payments, chargeoffs, etc) you could theoretically get to 760 FICO if everything else was good and you had a well aged profile (over 6 years, I believe).

How many times did you offer a PFD to that collection agency?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good News plus question: Collection with Portfolio reporting open on two, closed on one?

That is my only collection ever. It is with portfolio and I have only sent out one round, but knowing their history with denying pfds, I am expecting it to stick with slight hope that they might.

My NFCU card I will have 3 years this July has three 30 day lates I am GW letters to. Feb, Sept and Dec 2017. Currently in good standing at 4% utilization.

Do you think even with the lates from last year I could make 700 by May with on times and would asking for a cli increase in March plus cloc if approved for cli be a good move? Will thos both be soft hits if applying after the AR?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates within the first year hurt for up to 120 points but combined with a collection I would say 700 is impossible until the lates are over a year and the collection is deleted.  That late In December is absolutely going to hold you down until 2019 so hammer goodwill for sure.

In my research the highest I've seen for lates plus collection is mid -600s and even that is tough without everything else being perfect.

Hammer goodwill on the collection and lates and keep at it until they both say yes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if im jacking the thread
But what ABCD what do you think i can achieve with 0 collections and 2 paid c.o
1 with balance
Trying ceo gw but its capital one so im hoping but probably gonna stay there
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. We are all here to learn or teach. :-)

And thank you ABCD
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.