cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will letter

tag
mp11

Good Will letter

Hello, can I write a good will leter to chase to remove info off of my report it says zero balance or should I wait till after I pay off the collection company tgat chase sent it to.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good Will letter

You can send a GW now....there is a [small] risk though that the OC notifies the CA and the CA increases collection activity. Just FYI in case it is within SOL.

Message 2 of 4
mp11

Ok. Im going to send the CA a PFD letter maybe I should wait till that happens to send the GW letter to the OC?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I always liked sending PFDs first for a number of reasons. First, the CA is hurting you more than the CO from the OC. Second, you can always include within the GW that you had paid the debt with the CA (e.g. you're humbling yourself by owning up to the debt). Finally on a scoring standpoint, some OC COs could actually be helping your FICO. Personally I've lost points due to removing old COs because the length of history helped more than the baddie hurt. They still help your AAoA and length of history if older and going back to #1, you can always eyeball to see if you need additional points or not and to figure out if it would be worth it to pursue a GW deletion by that point.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.