cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good-Willing Across the Universe . . . .

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Good-Willing Across the Universe . . . .

. . . . slowly going forward, hope I don't hit reverse (points if you get the reference!)

I paid off the last of what I owed in May (Collections and Judgments from the COs below) and am trying to clear as many of the baddies off my report as I can with GW. I'm going to post what I have, what I've done, and the results as they come in.

1. Chase CC CO: DOFD 10/2010. GW email sent to Chase EO on 7/20/14. Verified (minor update made to High Balance). Stated they must report accurate info. Status: DENIED

2. Barclays CC CO: Settled for less than full with OC 4/2011. Sent GW letter via US Mail on 7/24/14. Status: Pending

3. & 4. Two HSBC CC CO: DOFD 1/2011 and 10/2010. Sent GW letter to HSBC via US Mail on 7/24/14. Hoping for some Cap 1 love! Status: Pending

5. EdFinancial - 6 student loans: 120 day lates in 2/13. They back-dated a forebearance, but the lates are there. Sent GW via fax on 7/29/14. Status: Denied

6. Judgment: Finally got Satisfaction filed 7/18/14 and have been trying to get CRAs to update. Decided to try to get it removed because the court document is stamped "Dismissed - Release and Satisfied." Sent request to remove to EQ (fax), EX (upload), and TU (snailmail) on 7/29/14. I doubt they'll remove it, but I do want it to show as Satisfied with all 3. Status: EQ verified Smiley Sad Crickets from EX & TU

7. & 8. Midland for two of the above COs - both were judgments and both are paid. One was vacated. The other is #6 above. Have not yet sent GWs becuse I hear it's impossible to get them to remove Smiley Sad  Status: Limbo

That's it. 8 (!) items scheduled to come off on their own in 2017-2018 unless I can get somewhere with GWs!

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Good-Willing Across the Universe . . . .

I'm rooting for you, good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

I'm rooting for you, good luck!

+1.  Good luck with your GW's.  Keep us updated!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!! I'm goodwillling left and right as well. Got a denial letter back from Enhanced Recovery, but oh well, try try again.

Message 4 of 5
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

@songsofexperience wrote:

. . . . slowly going forward, hope I don't hit reverse (points if you get the reference!)

I paid off the last of what I owed in May (Collections and Judgments from the COs below) and am trying to clear as many of the baddies off my report as I can with GW. I'm going to post what I have, what I've done, and the results as they come in.

1. Chase CC CO: DOFD 10/2010. GW email sent to Chase EO on 7/20/14. Verified (minor update made to High Balance). Stated they must report accurate info. Status: DENIED

2. Barclays CC CO: Settled for less than full with OC 4/2011. Sent GW letter via US Mail on 7/24/14. Status: Pending

3. & 4. Two HSBC CC CO: DOFD 1/2011 and 10/2010. Sent GW letter to HSBC via US Mail on 7/24/14. Hoping for some Cap 1 love! Status: Pending

5. EdFinancial - 6 student loans: 120 day lates in 2/13. They back-dated a forebearance, but the lates are there. Sent GW via fax on 7/29/14. Status: Denied

6. Judgment: Finally got Satisfaction filed 7/18/14 and have been trying to get CRAs to update. Decided to try to get it removed because the court document is stamped "Dismissed - Release and Satisfied." Sent request to remove to EQ (fax), EX (upload), and TU (snailmail) on 7/29/14. I doubt they'll remove it, but I do want it to show as Satisfied with all 3. Status: EQ verified Smiley Sad Crickets from EX & TU

7. & 8. Midland for two of the above COs - both were judgments and both are paid. One was vacated. The other is #6 above. Have not yet sent GWs becuse I hear it's impossible to get them to remove Smiley Sad  Status: Limbo

That's it. 8 (!) items scheduled to come off on their own in 2017-2018 unless I can get somewhere with GWs!

So . . . of course EdFinancial came back with "we're reporting correctly. The Forebearance doesn't get rid of the lates." I've found some good discussions of this so I may send them one more letter.

EQ verfied the judgment is reporting accurately - so much for the "dismissed" language. I knew it was a long shot though! Smiley Wink

I have heard NOTHING from HSBC (Capital One) or Barclays. It's been almost 3 weeks, but I did mail the letters.

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.