Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good will charge-off collection?

tag
Watio
Established Member

Good will charge-off collection?

Hello. I'm looking for some information regarding a charge off on an old cell bill(was my brothers which was in my name, stupid of me).

Anyhow, the date of the charge off/collection is almost 2 year old. The thing was they sent it to collections which I had contacted them right away and settled the debt. The collection agency never reported to collections, which is good.

My question though.. Is there anyway to get the original creditor(the cell phone company) to maybe delete the whole account? Lol or perhaps remove that it was sent to collections. Because they wrote "bad debt/sent to collections" so any ideas? It am I stuck with it for another 5 years?( sorry for the double post)
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good will charge-off collection?

Try sending a GW asking for deletion.

Message 2 of 18
Watio
Established Member

Would they delete the status of "bad debt/charge-off" or would they delete the whole account?
Message 3 of 18
Watio
Established Member

Is deleting the account even possible?
Message 4 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'd want the entire TL removed. You'll find that in 99% of the time, cell phones and utilities ( except for the rare few that do report monthly while using their service) will only report a negative. A negative cannot be made into a positive in a case like this. 

ETA....there are a lot of examples in here of GW requests resulting in utilities removed, cell phones removed (like Verizon Wireless), phone COs removed, CCs, loans, mortgages, etc. 

Message 5 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i believe they would only delete the negatives..who is the creditor?

Message 6 of 18
Watio
Established Member

Well they reported monthly and at the end it has 30-day-60-90-90 dy lates then co-co lol so id imagine I need the whole TL to be removed, yea? Lol. Any idea how to go about writing a letter for this? I haven't found any letters to remove the whole TL but only a 30 day etc.
Message 7 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Lots of success out there in removing paid baddies. There are dozens of examples in the link below (with sample letters):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 8 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would imagine that their willingness to grant any deletion might depend upon how much of a loss they actually took.

When they did the CO, they recouped a small portion of the unpaid debt via the tax writeoff.

From that point, if they then sold the debt, they recoupred a few more pennies on the dollar, and were left with a net loss.

However, if after they did the CO, they retained ownership of the debt, and the debt collector was merely their assigned collection agent, they recouped the entire amount yo paid, minus any fee they had to remit to their debt collector.

Had the OC account reported $0 balance when you paid the debt collector, which would indicate that they did not receive a penny of your ultimate satisfaction of the debt?

In that case, theiy may not be amenable to granting GW when they took a loss.

Message 9 of 18
Watio
Established Member

Gotcha. I'll try it out an see what happens. What about a good will deletion on a paid and closed account.. For say a 60 day late? Is it possible?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.