Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Email to Synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Email to Synchrony

I was maybe 2 months late on my QVC card. Reason being was there was a death in the family and my mind just wasn't all there to be worrying about my credit card. Well, now I'm worrying. I emailed them through the secured chat and asked if they could remove the late payment that was reported to the credit bureaus. I didn't ask them to waive the late fees because I was late, I just wanted the late mark on my credit report removed.

This was their response:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your QCARD account, and the opportunity to be of service to you.

We are crediting your account for fees in the amount(s) shown below. You will see the credit applied to your account within the next 48 hours. If this adjustment(s) brings your account balance to zero, you may not receive an additional billing statement. If the adjustment(s) resulted in a credit balance to your account, a refund check will automatically be sent within the next 45 days.

Interest Charge(s): $0.00

Late Payment Fee(s): $72.00

We appreciate you as a valued QCARD customer and hope you will continue to shop with us. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center or at the toll-free number below."

I'm happy that they waived the late payment fee, but now I'm wondering if that late payment will be removed from my credit report. Anyone experienced this before?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill Email to Synchrony

Have they reported the lates previously?  Maybe you got lucky and they didn't report the lates.  

I wish I could predict what will happen-----but this doesn't look too bad to me.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it was reported late. I was alerted by CreditKarma. Smiley Sad

I guess I'll wait to see next month if it was removed.

Message 3 of 11
donkort
Valued Contributor

They certainly wrote a customer-friendly response.  It's obvious they value you as a customer.  If I got such a response, I would probably feel hopeful.  

I hope they remove the lates.  It would be a nice thing for them to do.  

If not (unless you already have), write a goodwill letter stating why you paid late. 

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sure did. I wanted to send them a thank you response but it was a general email address.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I shouldn't rely on my scores from CreditKarma but I really dont need or want to pay for my score as I already own my home and have a car so I'm not in the market for anything anytime soon. But after QVC took off the late payment my score jumped 34 points with TU and a measily 10 pts with EQ. Scores are still in the dumps but that's ok. I'll get there surely.

Message 6 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the deletion. Question is why are your scores still low? Maybe we can help fix that while your here.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are low because I filed Ch 13 in Oct'16. May last payment was Dec'19. Just waiting on the discharge papers from the courts. I think once I'm discharged, my auto loan and mortgage will start reporting on my credit report and hopefully that'll bump up my score by a few. I didn't include my auto loan and mortgage with the bk so I was paying those in addition to my ch 13 monthly payments.

Message 8 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ak ok. Well congrats on the final stretch to the DC freedom! Woo Hoo! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, do you happen to have the email you used to contact them. I also have a one month late that I am trying to have it removed.

Thank you I appreciate it

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.