Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letter Denied - Need Help With Next Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letter Denied - Need Help With Next Steps

I need your help! My husband and I paid off about $2500 worth of debt last October on a Fifth Third Bank credit card. A few days later, we were hit with a $30 interest charge that went unnoticed until December. As soon as I saw my credit reflected, I paid the balance and called a rep who told me that my paperless notifications were turned off for that card and gave me a goodwill address. I sent two letters, one for me and one for my husband and received a response from them a few weeks later saying they stand by their decision and will not remove the negative remark.

I sent two more letters and received a response saying that they got my first two letters and to stop sending them since they have made a decision. I’ve been at a loss on what to do, but decided to do a little digging on my account since I’m still not receiving statements or certain notifications from them.

Turns out, my paperless is setup for my credit card and nearly every account I have with them and I’m still not getting any emails or phone calls from them (they claimed I should’ve received both as soon as the account was late). Nobody over the phone can explain why, but I just started getting a few alerts when I log in to my account, but still no emailed statements. They offered to do a dispute and I kindly said no.

What are my next steps? I’ve been looking for connections or email addresses with no luck. I also am considering sending a third letter with the info on my notifications issue, but don’t want to turn them off even more. This is the only negative mark on my credit and I’m desperate to get it removed. Any help is greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Letter Denied - Need Help With Next Steps

Not much you can do but continue to send GW letters. I would send the next right to the office of the CEO and plead your case and mention the notifications that you never got.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can you typically find the address for the office of the CEO - calling? I did a little more digging on alerts and notifications and it appears that a user can be signed up for paperless in the “notifications” section of the app/website, but you have to go into “alerts” to set these up, which is a separate section. It was explained to me that these are automatically turned off when you sign up for paperless, which is not the norm and even more confusing.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google is your friend. Often I find it easier to even search prior posts on myFICO using google and just adding "myFICO" at the end of everything. 

I used google to find the addresses to 2 seperate places regarding email addresses or physical addresses in reference to old charge offs or delinquent stuff.

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! There isn’t much on Fifth Third unfortunately. I’ve reached out to a few folks on old posts with little luck. I’ll keep searching.

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have one of their cards, their interface is the worst I have ever seen.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=1549694

Message 6 of 8
DebtJoe
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Where can you typically find the address for the office of the CEO - calling? I did a little more digging on alerts and notifications and it appears that a user can be signed up for paperless in the “notifications” section of the app/website, but you have to go into “alerts” to set these up, which is a separate section. It was explained to me that these are automatically turned off when you sign up for paperless, which is not the norm and even more confusing.

Here you go!

gregd.carmichael@53.com

8/1/2018 FICO Scores:

6/29/2021 FICO Scores:
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I’ve been looking for this. I’m curious. Email or snail mail letter first? Assuming someone goes through his mail before he actually reads any of it so email might be a bit more direct. Thank you again!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.